Advanced Trauma Life Support at Duke Univ.

Devildoc

Verified Military
Greeting, colleagues and compatriots!

Every summer we run two ATLS classes for incoming house staff. Non-providers cannot get the actual cert, but will get a certificate suitable for framing and can apply for their profession' CE credit. Providers pay a hefty price to attend; non-providers, given they cannot get the cert, can audit the class for FREE.

I invite any military medic/corpsman/IDC/whatever and any civilian medic to attend. The course is free, and we feed you. You just have to get here and stay here for a couple days. Dates are June 25 & 26, and July 15 & 16.

If anyone is interested, PM, email me at charles.mandelin@duke.edu, or text 919-945-9209.

Charles/DD

Can SRNA’s receive the cert, as an RN?

The only people who can actually get the certification are physicians, PAs, and nurse practitioners. Everyone else gets a certificate of completion that they can use to apply for continuing education credit with their organizations. That's how I can get away with not charging people to take it as auditors.

The only people who can actually get the certification are physicians, PAs, and nurse practitioners. Everyone else gets a certificate of completion that they can use to apply for continuing education credit with their organizations. That's how I can get away with not charging people to take it as auditors.

Do CRNAs count as NP’s at Duke?

@TLDR20 , actually I have the course coordinator manual here, I just checked, yes, you can take the course and get the certification. But there is something I need to do to see whether or not you can take it for credit at Duke versus as an auditor.

Sent you an email.

I had the June ATLS class this past weekend. Five mil guys; one SOIDC with MARSOC, two SOIDCs from the schoolhouse at Bragg, and two retired 18Ds on faculty at the schoolhouse.

To say they were value-added is an understatement. They nailed the course, taught as much as they learned, and were a great addition.

I still have room for a couple more in July (15-16).

I had the June ATLS class this past weekend. Five mil guys; one SOIDC with MARSOC, two SOIDCs from the schoolhouse at Bragg, and two retired 18Ds on faculty at the schoolhouse.

To say they were value-added is an understatement. They nailed the course, taught as much as they learned, and were a great addition.

I still have room for a couple more in July (15-16).

That had to be a great course. Would have loved to be there.

That time of year again, I am in the planning process.

I have three courses scheduled, March 24th / 25, June 24th / 25, and July something something.

If there are any medics who want to attend to audit the course pro bono, shoot me a PM or text at 919-945-9209.

Back