Advise,

Minor Threat

Unverified
Does anyone have advise about what MOS to take? I'm not in the Army yet but I will be as soon as I get my BA. I'm split on becoming a Ranger or Special Forces 18A. Any advise? or compare/contrast? Thanks.

My first piece of advice would be to work on your spelling and grammar. While it may not affect your "grade" on this website, your writing is a reflection of who you are. My second bit of advice would be to find and use the search function. There is a plethora of information regarding Special Forces and Rangers to be found. If yopu wish to become an officer in the Army, start by removing your head from your fourth point of contact and do a little research before you post a question.

You will not even have the chance to go to SFAS until you are a 1LT(P), therefore, you need to figure out what you want to do until such time as you can put in for SFAS, which is about 4 years away from your successful completion of whatever OBC you attend.

Set clear goals and focus on the 25m targets presented to reach those goals. Nobody can tell you how to get where you want to go, they can only give you a map and compass, you have to decide the path.

My first piece of advice would be to work on your spelling and grammar. While it may not affect your "grade" on this website, your writing is a reflection of who you are. My second bit of advice would be to find and use the search function. There is a plethora of information regarding Special Forces and Rangers to be found. If yopu wish to become an officer in the Army, start by removing your head from your fourth point of contact and do a little research before you post a question.

Ya, typo. I have read (for about a year) information about SF and Ranger requirements and what they do (my uncle was a SF operator in A-stan during OPEF) I just wanted advice from someone who has been or is a Ranger or SF Operator. Iv'e done everything I could to reach my goal so far and I'm not going to stop until I get there. Thanks for the info about becoming a 1LT first, I didn't know that.
Grammar and spelling isn't my strong point (even though I scored a 94%/114 on reading comprehension on my CPT) I passed Comp-1 with a C lol.

I fully understand that none of these (Ranger, SF, Officer) are easy to become but nothing worth having or being proud of is and I thank you for your service.

Ya, typo. I have read (for about a year) information about SF and Ranger requirements and what they do (my uncle was a SF operator in A-stan during OPEF) I just wanted advice from someone who has been or is a Ranger or SF Operator.

And you have come to the right place. That being said, the same question has been asked many times around here which is why I strongly suggested searching the forum for a while and reviewing old threads. Aside from your uncle, you have many of us here who are or were what you aspire to become, so hang out and do some reading. Oh, you better tighten up on that grammar and spelling as those damned college professors love mutilating papers!

Back