AF Looking for new Mobility (cargo) aircraft

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
AF is officially looking for a Light Mobility Aircraft (LiMA).
On the same day that it issued the Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance aircraft capability query (see above), Aeronautical Systems Center in Ohio issued another seeking information on a fixed-wing Light Mobility Aircraft (LiMA) that USAF also would like to field starting in Fiscal 2011. The service wants approximately 60 LiMAs and would expect to achieve initial operational capability in Fiscal 2012. The proposed aircraft would have to accommodate at least six passengers plus aircrew, be able to operate on unimproved austere landing sites—with no ground support other than fuel—carrying a minimum of 1,800 pounds of passengers and cargo. It's cargo door should allow for loading and unloading of patients litters or a 36-inch warehouse skid. The LiMA candidate would have dual pilot stations, but be certified for single pilot operation.
Here is the story (received via e-mail, so I can't post a link)

Funny, in an ironic mannor, AFSOC is starting to look like the Viet Nam era SO Force. Too bad AF/and the dems oblierated the AFSOF capability after Viet Nam :2c:

AF is officially looking for a Light Mobility Aircraft (LiMA).
On the same day that it issued the Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance aircraft capability query (see above), Aeronautical Systems Center in Ohio issued another seeking information on a fixed-wing Light Mobility Aircraft (LiMA) that USAF also would like to field starting in Fiscal 2011. The service wants approximately 60 LiMAs and would expect to achieve initial operational capability in Fiscal 2012. The proposed aircraft would have to accommodate at least six passengers plus aircrew, be able to operate on unimproved austere landing sites—with no ground support other than fuel—carrying a minimum of 1,800 pounds of passengers and cargo. It's cargo door should allow for loading and unloading of patients litters or a 36-inch warehouse skid. The LiMA candidate would have dual pilot stations, but be certified for single pilot operation.
Here is the story (received via e-mail, so I can't post a link)

Funny, in an ironic mannor, AFSOC is starting to look like the Viet Nam era SO Force. Too bad AF/and the dems oblierated the AFSOF capability after Viet Nam :2c:

Sound exactly like the AFSOC M28 or the Q200 or the PC-12 or the MC-12....so I'm guessing this is Big Blue looking for these A/C.

Sound exactly like the AFSOC M28 or the Q200 or the PC-12 or the MC-12....so I'm guessing this is Big Blue looking for these A/C.
Not familiar with a Q200?

Twin Otter could also fill the bill, I suspect ability to deliver will be (hopefully) a driving force.

Haven't heard about this one yet. MC-12 or M-28 have pretty good track records, and the MC-12 is in used throughout the services. The post doesn't say much about airdrop or other capabilities. Too bad we can't buy AN-2s!

Back