Air Combat Command Vice Commander Sacked

RetPara

SOF Support
This happened in January.... so if this has been covered already.... but Good Grief....

BREAKING.

Maj. Gen. Post issued LOR, removed from position after "treason" IG investigation.

Excerpts from the Air Force's media release:

"The commander of Air Combat Command took administrative action against the command’s vice commander on April 9, after reviewing the Secretary of the Air Force Inspector General Investigation report evaluating a complaint concerning remarks the two-star made at a conference in January.

The Air Force Inspector General’s investigation into the matter determined that the remarks by Maj. Gen. James N. Post III, ACC Vice Commander, to a group of Airmen had a “chilling effect on some of the attendees and caused them to feel constrained from communicating with members of Congress.”

The IG report surmised that Post’s “choice of words had the effect of attempting to prevent some members from lawfully communicating with Congress,” which is a violation of the U.S. Code and DoD Directives, whether that was his intention or not.

Gen. Hawk Carlisle, commander of Air Combat Command, issued a letter of reprimand as a result of the findings. General Post is moving from his position as the vice commander of Air Combat Command."

The original article that reported Post's comments is here: http://www.jqpublicblog.com/creeping-fascism-unamerican-ai…/

A General officer needs to be careful today. What could have those comments been exactly?

Did you not read the link? He said people passing info on the A-10 are treasonous.

I did. I am not understanding why he said that. I will re read to get a better understanding.

Perhaps I should have worded my comments differently.

This was not publicized in January, so this is very interesting.
I did. I am not understanding why he said that. I will re read to get a better understanding.

Perhaps I should have worded my comments differently.
He said that because the grass roots effort to save the A-10 is working, and he was letting people (especially the A-10 Community) know they could play nice, or get screwed.

Let's see if he really is getting the shaft, he should (IMO) be retired ASAP (that will hit him in the wallet).
An assignment followed by a quick retirement allows him to go work in industry (probably for Lockheed as a F-35 spokesman) quickly.

I have not heard of the author, Tony Carr, before, but that JQP article was very well written. I wish I was as expansive in my lexicon.

Your a FUCKING MARINE! You don't need a fucking lexicon! Keep that shit and Marines will think your a damn fucking pimply 22 YO 2LT and won't fucking listen to you; even if they can fucking understand you!!!!!

Yeah, we heard about it here as soon as it happened. What an idiot. "If you tell anyone I said this, I'll deny it." At a conference, in a large room of attendees.
Apparently Congress was actually listening to the warfighters about what the A-10 could really do. This, in the eyes of the General and others, was going to screw up the budget for F-35s (engine sold separately). The big budget week in Congress is the end of March and continued chatter about not retiring the right line item between January and March could affect other line items.

Back