American Airlines flight delayed by math

Here's a hypothetical one, just for mulch and snickers, as in the "what would you do?" programs:
you see a box near the entrance to a bank, not fully concealed, but placed waist high behind a column near the main doors. Box is made of cardboard, shoe-box size, with a fake wood appearance. You peek inside the box and you see a metal cylinder. The cylinder looks like a can of aerosol with the label scratched off. The top of the canister has a cap with wires coming out of it, plugging into a mechanical timer itself connected to two D-cell batteries for power.
There is also a smaller box, maybe made of plastic material. The whole contraption is kind of dirty, held together with black electrical tape and duct tape, looks like black dust on all the elements.

Whaddayado with it?

Here's a hypothetical one, just for mulch and snickers, as in the "what would you do?" programs:
you see a box near the entrance to a bank, not fully concealed, but placed waist high behind a column near the main doors. Box is made of cardboard, shoe-box size, with a fake wood appearance. You peek inside the box and you see a metal cylinder. The cylinder looks like a can of aerosol with the label scratched off. The top of the canister has a cap with wires coming out of it, plugging into a mechanical timer itself connected to two D-cell batteries for power.
There is also a smaller box, maybe made of plastic material. The whole contraption is kind of dirty, held together with black electrical tape and duct tape, looks like black dust on all the elements.

Whaddayado with it?

Entirely different scenario than the generally nice, garrulous professor.

That said, it would be reasonable to exercise caution in this case and deploy some assets. And my commentary will end there.

You suspect a trap where there is none, really... Entirely different scenario, yes. And yes it's a scenario I did run into. But again not a trap, that'd be cheapening the discussion.

Oh, the Force isn't warning me of a trap. I think you've described a situation that is worthy of concern and further investigation. The extent of both is something we can only speak of in generalities.

Frank's posts are serious, Spitfire's are not...I go on vacation and this place turns to shit.

Whaddayado with it?

Switch banks.

Back