"An Officers' Corps That Can't Score"

I forgot, the MEU OPSO actually said that the only guys in the DOD who do freefall are SF and SEALs. We had to show him our rigs to convince him that not only were Marines going to insert into the MEU Certification Exercise via HALO, they had been training up to it for over a year.

Why would an MEU OPSO not take the time to learn about the capabilities of the various elements/weapons/units within the Special Operations capable MEU? Wouldn't it be his job to know these things?

Last edited:
Why would an MEU OPSO not take the time to learn about the capabilities of the various elements/weapons/units within the Special Operations capable MEU? Wouldn't it be his job to know these things?

Beats the hell out of me?

There you go spouting off common sense. I had a team leader try to get rid of our HUMINT guy because the two agendas didn't jive. I also think that the dear Major didn't understand what HUMINT could offer to our advisor team. I tried explaining it to him but WTF do I know, I had only spent the previous year working with HUMINT on a different advisor assignment.

There you go spouting off common sense. I had a team leader try to get rid of our HUMINT guy because the two agendas didn't jive. I also think that the dear Major didn't understand what HUMINT could offer to our advisor team. I tried explaining it to him but WTF do I know, I had only spent the previous year working with HUMINT on a different advisor assignment.

Yeah, what was I thinking? I was on the verge of giving the officer corps far more credit than civilian corporate management. My faith in the core values of the military--honor, courage, committment-- is such that I'm not quite ready to abandon it to such a drastic comparison, but there's much in common between the two.

Back