And it begins.....

Red-Dot

Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
1C4 Warriors,

I am sure that the recent senior leader announcements regarding the rescission of the Direct Ground Combat Assignment Rule of 1994 has generated various discussions, assumptions and opinions amongst the community. As your career field manager, I ask you all to remember one main factor and that is that our operational charge to U.S Army Infantry and Special Operations units is our core foundation. Final decisions will come only after joint analysis and discussions with the Army and I expect our way ahead in this monumental ruling to be in lock-step with those of our Army counter parts we directly support.

Until these decisions are finalized, validated and approved, everything stays the same with our career field. TACP standards, organization and operational charge remain sacred.

I expect utmost professionalism during this period and please do not answer irresponsibly on subjects you are not fully informed on.

I cannot say enough of how proud I am of you! Every day here at the Pentagon someone wants to talk, praise or be a TACP. Our achievements and legacy are indisputable...thank you for all you do!

SAM

SCOTT A. MYERS, CMSgt, USAF
TACP (1C4) Career Field Manager
HQ USAF/A3O-AC

Back