Anyone read “Surprise Kill Vanish” ?

BirdUp

Space Expert
Verified Military
It’s a 2019 collection of research and interviews done by Annie Jacobson. She lays it out chronological WWII forward. The book focuses on CIA paramilitary history.

I picked it up because it contains recent history from SF legend Billy Waugh. I’m only 5 chapters in, but here’s a real gem:

Billy Waugh served with Larry Thorne in 10th SF in Germany! I had never put 2+2 together with it before, but the timelines make sense.

She's a very good author. Look up her book on Operation Paperclip. Her Area 51 book is well written even if I question the information presented. I question some of her sources but we can say that about a lot of authors.

As an aside, her voice can put you to sleep as in a total ASMR relaxtion coma.

She's a very good author. Look up her book on Operation Paperclip. Her Area 51 book is well written even if I question the information presented. I question some of her sources but we can say that about a lot of authors.

I have not read her stuff but she has good street cred, she is known to have good sources and back up her information.

I am reading her "Area 51" book now. It's a good read so far and I would recommend it as well.

In a similar vein, has anyone read Steve Coll's "Directorate S", about the CIA in AFPAK? Been meaning to pick it up but haven't gotten around to it. "Ghost Wars" was excellent.

Back