ARC 2016

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Not sure if anyone else is following the America's Rugby Championship? The last edition was in 2014 with four teams, however, it will now be with 6 teams modeled off the Six Nations, with the top 6 sides from the Western Hemisphere. ESPN will be televising the first three US matches.

Argentina
Brazil
Canada
Chile
US-John Mitchell's first test as coach, although I'm unsure what he could have gotten done in a month.
Uruguay

A 35-35 draw with Argentina. The side is much improved, but comparing the rosters, the ARC side is much different. Front pack play in the scrum was incredible, they were strong and brutish. Left too many points on the board with missed kicks. But they play disciplined and have some break away speed. Can't wait to see them play again next week Vs. Canada. In the short time John Mitchell has put together a solid side from what I saw tonight.

The rest of the world is not really looking forward to 4 hours of super bowl for 11 minutes of game time.

gmmthNv.png

Looking forward to a season of 120 minute games of Aussie Rules Football starting the week after next.

Digrar...there's much more than 11 minutes of action, it's just not a fluid motion sport like Basketball/Rugby/Hockey/Soccer etc. It's not speed chess, where as Rugby is more speed chess.

USA 35-35 Argentina
Canada 33-17 Uruguay
Chile 25-22 Brazil

This weekend's results:
USA 30-22 Canada
Argentina 52-15 Chile
Uruguay 33-29 Brazil

Overall I thought our match against Canada was a bit rough, we got dominated on Scrums, committed five penalties that gave Canada her first 15 points. In the second half with some new legs, we just opened it up when one of their players took a Yellow.

This weekend's results:
USA 30-22 Canada
Argentina 52-15 Chile
Uruguay 33-29 Brazil

Overall I thought our match against Canada was a bit rough, we got dominated on Scrums, committed five penalties that gave Canada her first 15 points. In the second half with some new legs, we just opened it up when one of their players took a Yellow.

Awesome, we beat Canada.
Not like US Hockey Teams beating up Canadian Teams, oh wait, we do.:p

Back