Army denied the hand tattoos. Looks like navy it is. Just looking for some ideas. (23m)

Aimlessfakedrifter

Unverified
I’ve been training for about a year in hopes to sign an 18x contract; because the scope of work SF does seem appealing. Now I’m at a crossroad where I should head next. I’m going to go for a SOF of some sort. Still not much of an idea on how to swim (swim about 3x a week). Started a martial art of top of everything else to build more confidence in myself. I feel like a competent applicant as almost every thing is on the internet nowadays, but I am asking on this forum for the positives/negatives of being any navy SOF. Also any suggestions or links to better inform myself would be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you for your time J.H.

I was a prior waterpolo player and I ran 400/800m distance in track before joining up. I learned how to CSS entirely from this video, and I became damn good at it.

I recommend having someone take video footage of you so that you can constantly compare your form to the YouTube video. Your speed will come from perfecting the form, and the more review the video, the better you will be.

Always flutter kick the entire time in between scissor kicks when not using fins. Purchase some jet fins (smaller the better provided they fit your feet) and ONLY flutter kick with fins. Do not scissor kick with fins.

Buy a full face dive mask to practice with, I promise if you are used to eye goggles performing in a full faced mask will mess with you heavily.

You need to be able to run a 9-9:30 1.5 mile run,
90 pushups in 2 minutes
90 sit-ups in 2 minutes
15 pull-ups dead hang, palms facing forward without letting go
Sub 9 minute 500m swim without fins and a full face dive mask.

Don’t trust the minimum requirements, they are big navy recruiting tools expecting you to fail and send you to the fleet. Get your PST scores to the numbers I posted and then message me and I’ll give you the BUD/S prep exit PST conditions.

I’ve been training for about a year in hopes to sign an 18x contract; because the scope of work SF does seem appealing. Now I’m at a crossroad where I should head next. I’m going to go for a SOF of some sort. Still not much of an idea on how to swim (swim about 3x a week). Started a martial art of top of everything else to build more confidence in myself. I feel like a competent applicant as almost every thing is on the internet nowadays, but I am asking on this forum for the positives/negatives of being any navy SOF. Also any suggestions or links to better inform myself would be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you for your time J.H.

Have you looked into the Navy guidelines on tattoos? Thought about having the tattoos removed?

Have you looked into the Navy guidelines on tattoos? Thought about having the tattoos removed?

I have been looking into getting them removed and highly considering it; as it’s probably just a good overall idea. My previous army recruiter got me in contact with a navy recruiter.

I was a prior waterpolo player and I ran 400/800m distance in track before joining up. I learned how to CSS entirely from this video, and I became damn good at it.

I recommend having someone take video footage of you so that you can constantly compare your form to the YouTube video. Your speed will come from perfecting the form, and the more review the video, the better you will be.

Always flutter kick the entire time in between scissor kicks when not using fins. Purchase some jet fins (smaller the better provided they fit your feet) and ONLY flutter kick with fins. Do not scissor kick with fins.

Buy a full face dive mask to practice with, I promise if you are used to eye goggles performing in a full faced mask will mess with you heavily.

You need to be able to run a 9-9:30 1.5 mile run,
90 pushups in 2 minutes
90 sit-ups in 2 minutes
15 pull-ups dead hang, palms facing forward without letting go
Sub 9 minute 500m swim without fins and a full face dive mask.

Don’t trust the minimum requirements, they are big navy recruiting tools expecting you to fail and send you to the fleet. Get your PST scores to the numbers I posted and then message me and I’ll give you the BUD/S prep exit PST conditions.

Copy that, I’ll be ordering the mask and getting wet. I’ll keep in touch thank you for your time.

Back