Army issues instructions for painting M16s, M4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Magpul PMAGs come in OD, foliage green, and flat dark earth. And they work better than the GI mags.

PMAG's are RFI'ed to soldiers deploying, they started that back in 2009 I think. They also upgraded the followers for the GI mags, they have been doing well in my GI mags but I still like my PMAG's better.

I agree with SOWT that the Army should start having the weapons coated in flat dark earth or something like it. CereaKoate would be an easy fix and it's something that could be done at all weapons, M249,M240, ect,ect,ect.

PMAG's are RFI'ed to soldiers deploying, they started that back in 2009 I think. They also upgraded the followers for the GI mags, they have been doing well in my GI mags but I still like my PMAG's better.

I agree with SOWT that the Army should start having the weapons coated in flat dark earth or something like it. CereaKoate would be an easy fix and it's something that could be done at all weapons, M249,M240, ect,ect,ect.

Does CereaKoate come in spray cans?

Does CereaKoate come in spray cans?

I have not seen it in spray can form, but it can be air brushed on fairly easy. Basic poop is you media blast the finish off, clean it with stripper or degrease, spray it with CereaKoate and then bake it for about 30 min. It would require a unit armor to strip the weapon down (controls and all).

The next thing and you know it, they will be asking you to paint on the camouflage pattern to your own bdus! :eek:
I wish. I hate our blue bdus. Makes everyone look like garage mechanics.

Attachments

• UntuckedODU.jpg
    UntuckedODU.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4
It's been done before, I dare say it will be done again.

I've done it, when I was issued JGs (yeah get fucked, I was issued JGs
biggrin.png
), turned out pretty good as a matter of fact.

Fuck off or you'll get a P1907 in you're arse!

cool.png

Best damn rifle ever, damn kids these days, no respect...

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back