Army LTC Hires Hitman to Kill Wife, Boss?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-to-hire-hitman-to-kill-wife-superior-officer

Some highlights:

Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said Lt. Col. Robert E. Underwood pleaded not guilty Tuesday to three counts of felony harassment at his Superior Court arraignment in Tacoma. He is being held in the Pierce County Jail.

A Pierce County Sheriff's Department spokesman said that Underwood had also made threats to blow up the state Capitol in nearby Olympia.

Joint Base Lewis-McChord has been under the microscope since a staff sargeant from there massacred 16 Afghan villagers, including women and children.

Kara Underwood told a police investigator that her husband "has nothing to lose, he has an arsenal of weapons and she believes he has the ability to save the $150,000 and hide it."

Kiptoo also told police she had seen a nude photo of Underwood's daughter on his laptop and that he threatened her when she confronted him about it.

Underwood has had multiple deployments to Iraq, the court documents said, but has not been diagnosed with PTSD.

However, the probable cause document said, when that Underwood "was a young child he witnessed his mother kill his two siblings. She also shot the defendant multiple times and left him for dead."

:-o

However, the probable cause document said, when that Underwood "was a young child he witnessed his mother kill his two siblings. She also shot the defendant multiple times and left him for dead."

Holy shit!

Holy shit!

Yeah, ol' boy has some issues, for sure.

With a background like that, I wonder if he had to undergo additional psych screening before being allowed to serve.

I don't even know if it would come up. The first psych screening I remember ever doing was when I tried out for the 160th, by that point I had been in something like ten years and had even served in 5th Group previously. So if was never in a SOF or SOF-like job, he may never have done a thorough psych screening. Since he is an LTC I presume he had a security clearance, it might have come up then but getting shot up (even by your own mom :sick: ) isn't a disqualifier.

I don't even know if it would come up. The first psych screening I remember ever doing was when I tried out for the 160th, by that point I had been in something like ten years and had even served in 5th Group previously. So if was never in a SOF or SOF-like job, he may never have done a thorough psych screening. Since he is an LTC I presume he had a security clearance, it might have come up then but getting shot up (even by your own mom :sick: ) isn't a disqualifier.

I would think an event of that magnitude would warrant a psych eval right off the bat before being allowed to serve. Even more in depth of a screening should be expected for someone needing a security clearance, given that background event. This is much more than getting shot. Considering they ask about things like ever being depressed or ever having anxiety attacks on just a basic medical screening, I would think something like this would raise more questions.

I would think an event of that magnitude would warrant a psych eval right off the bat before being allowed to serve. Even more in depth of a screening should be expected for someone needing a security clearance, given that background event. This is much more than getting shot. Considering they ask about things like ever being depressed or ever having anxiety attacks on just a basic medical screening, I would think something like this would raise more questions.

Since he was a juvenille at the time he could have simply lied/ omitted it and no one would know. Maybe a TS goes into that much detail, but I doubt a Secret would dig that far into his past.

How sad is it that our Army even outsources murder and contract killings? Lewis' commander must be Benny Hill: Rangers in a neighborhood shootout, robbing a bank, a few murder-death-kill episodes involving the Stryker BDE, and probably some other things I don't know about or have forgotten.

Since he was a juvenille at the time he could have simply lied/ omitted it and no one would know. Maybe a TS goes into that much detail, but I doubt a Secret would dig that far into his past.

Wouldn't the medical check have revealed multiple GSW scars and prompted some questions? If he really was shot multiple times I would think it would be pretty hard to hide the physical evidence....

Wouldn't the medical check have revealed multiple GSW scars and prompted some questions? If he really was shot multiple times I would think it would be pretty hard to hide the physical evidence....
It should. Maybe he didn't "omit" anything on his form or they were small scars owing to a small caliber weapon and the MEPS doc wasn't looking that hard during the exam.

He could easily put down that his mom shot him and MEPS would then ask for documentation from his primary care provider or ortho doc saying he was G2G. If he never attended any form of therapy or counseling he wouldn't have to list it. How many people enlist with psychological issues and never saw a doc for them or they did and didn't disclose them at the time of enlistment? I know folks with asthma who lied and got away with it...and some who didn't. Even if he did see a therapist and disclose it he'd provide paperwork from said therapist and then at MEPS they would ask him if he's still being treated. "No, that chapter of my life is over and I don't think about it." Done. No one would be the wiser.

I agree with you. I just don't think it's the case.

How sad is it that our Army even outsources murder and contract killings? Lewis' commander must be Benny Hill: Rangers in a neighborhood shootout, robbing a bank, a few murder-death-kill episodes involving the Stryker BDE, and probably some other things I don't know about or have forgotten.

Very. Things are completely ut of hand!

No.

You assume his (accused) actions are a result of things that happened when he was young, may be completely unrelated.

I had a head trauma as a kid, they X-ray'd my head (no brain, cleared for Airborne). I suspect he was given a standard medical exam, passed and was commissioned.
I also suspect he isn't the only child abuse victim wearing a uniform.

Small calibur wounds received as a kid would be smaller (visually) on an adult.
All he needed to say was "I was shot as a child" to meet the medical notification standard.

CDG-Did you get a psych eval coming in?

No.

You assume his (accused) actions are a result of things that happened when he was young, may be completely unrelated.

I had a head trauma as a kid, they X-ray'd my head (no brain, cleared for Airborne). I suspect he was given a standard medical exam, passed and was commissioned.
I also suspect he isn't the only child abuse victim wearing a uniform.

Small calibur wounds received as a kid would be smaller (visually) on an adult.
All he needed to say was "I was shot as a child" to meet the medical notification standard.

CDG-Did you get a psych eval coming in?

I did not. However, I was not shot multiple times by my own mother after watching her kill my siblings. His accused actions may very well be unrelated. I still think he should have had to go through a psych eval before being allowed to enlist based on what happened when he was a kid. This was not "just" head trauma, or a gun accident, or standard child-abuse. I understand that that is not how the system works. I am just saying that I think it should be.

I don't even know what to say. Hopefully the naked picture of his daughter is something benign like the picture I have of my three year old dressing up like woody from toy story minus pants. His bits and pieces aren't showing but it's obvious he is missing an important accessory.

Very. Things are completely ut of hand!

Yep, especially considering the events he listed, starting with 2/75 Rangers in a neighborhood shootout happened over two decades ago. :rolleyes:

People tend to forget that the military is just a subsection of our society. I haven't heard anyone complain about the 10 murders in Chicago the other night or the additional 40 people who were wounded over the weekend. Where is the DoS travel advisory? Where is the public outrage?

Yep, especially considering the events he listed, starting with 2/75 Rangers in a neighborhood shootout happened over two decades ago. :rolleyes:

People tend to forget that the military is just a subsection of our society. I haven't heard anyone complain about the 10 murders in Chicago the other night or the additional 40 people who were wounded over the weekend. Where is the DoS travel advisory? Where is the public outrage?

lol yeah, but the Ranger thing is such a great story!

When I first heard the story several years back, I called BS. "Shit like that doesn't really happen," lol.

Back