Army Special Forces Soldier dies in Afghanistan

Ravage

running up that hill
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Apr. 30, 2007) — An Army Special Forces Soldier stationed here was killed in action Apr. 27 when his unit made contact with enemy fighters while conducting a combat patrol south of Shindand, Shindand District, Herat Province, Afghanistan.

Staff Sgt. Michael D. Thomas, 34, a weapons sergeant assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), died from wounds sustained during the firefight.

More...

RIP warrior, you have earned your rest !

They're pretty shaken up about it.. I got a call that Friday... it's the first KIA since they've been in country, this rotation.

Godspeed, Warrior, and Blue Skies.

RIP Staff Sgt. Thomas. My thoughts and prayers out to the members of 7th SFG; and Sgt. Thomas' family and friends back home...

Thank you for your brave and dedicated service to us all...

Another warrior has met his end in combat.

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, May 10, 2007) — An Army Special Forces Soldier stationed here was died May 8 as a result of a firefight with enemy fighters who attached a combat patrol he was supporting near Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

MORE....

R.I.P Warrior

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, May 18, 2007) — An Army Special Forces Soldier stationed here died May 15 during a firefight near Qalat, Afghanistan.

Staff Sgt. Joshua R. Whitaker, 23, a Special Forces engineer sergeant assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), died from wounds sustained during the firefight.

MORE....

Bio from the memorial for SSG Thomas.

The good news is that 7th SFG(A) is kicking some serious ass...the bad news is that it doesn't come cheap.

Lo ques sea, cuando sea, donde sea.

Attachments

• SSG Thomas.pdf
    55.1 KB · Views: 17
Back