Army vs Marine Corps optics?

RockEater11

Unverified
I know the Marine Corps uses mil rad in their optics for the long guns, does the Army still use moa, and does any one know if they have plans on switching over?

ARSOF, or at least SF, have been using mil/mil scopes for some time. Some old school guys are so comfortable with their mil/moa scopes they wont change but the vast majority are using mil. I also know they are using mil/mil at the Army's sniper course at Ft Benning.

I know the Marine Corps uses mil rad in their optics for the long guns, does the Army still use moa, and does any one know if they have plans on switching over?

Both USMC & Army are using MIL/MIL. USMC is still using the oval or type 2 Mil-dots in the new S&B's and Army is still using standard, or type 1 mil-dots (round mil-dots).

The exception to what JAB said is the XM-3 that used the night Force MoA reticle. I tried my hardest to have Iron Brigade Armory change this through Night Force during our initial user feedback session but they continued using it throughout the experimental stage. I have been out of that arena for a few years. Anyone know if they are considering to continue the XM-3 or a 300 win mag variant for mil use.

Thanks guys for the feed back. Wookwrangler, i know as far as the xm3 the marine corps is actually getting rid of all of them, the only ppl i know that have them now are the school houses to let the TL course have a chance to try a different rifle and even then it has the ssds on it. It would be nice if the marine corps adopted the 300 win mag, shit the army is using it in their new xm-2010 rifle, and i mean the marine corps piggybacks on the army all the time.

Back