Austin TX dealing with serial bomber

Dame

Whoever this person is, they are getting brave/innovative very quickly. Four bombs in just over two weeks. Starting with packages, he/she has now moved to trip wires.
The latest incident, the fourth attack in 17 days, signaled to law enforcement that the bomber or bombers have not relented in an effort to hurt or kill, leaving much of the city with an escalating sense of fear. It also demonstrated a new level of skill by the perpetrator in crafting explosives and marked an unsettling move toward apparently random attacks.
The blast, which occurred at 8:32 p.m. Sunday in the Travis Country neighborhood of Austin, injured two men in their mid-20s, Will Grote and Colton Mathis, according to Julia Thompson, who attended high school with both men and is a family friend of the Grotes’. Both were in good condition at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said.
The bomb appeared to involve an elaborate device that relied on a trip wire. Police have described the previous three incidents as “boxlike” bombs triggered by movement that were left at homes’ doorsteps.

Thinking...white male...40 to 60 years of age...and overweight.

I am very interesting to see how this turns out...

Male, anyway. And very busy over a short span, unlike Kazinsky, who sometimes went years between bombings. I'm assuming there's been a great leap in post-blast investigation tech since then.

A sociopathic cunt in the least.

Thinking former police bomb squad. Maybe someone who resents being retired early because of an injury.

I read somewhere that this guy uses a gold watch as a timing device. Weird.

I doubt it was race related, but we’ll see what fleshes our. I’m on my phone, taking a 5-minute break, so I don’t have time to delve into all my possibilities. That said, I’m hesitant to say it’s a former bomb jockey, police or military. Could be a former combat engineer, or a civilian with access to those pubs.

The mentality of a bomb maker vs a bomb jockey is different. One’s willing to die for others, even after they’re out. The other’s willing to make others die. If a bomb jock went rogue, that would be very bad, but that’s unlikely.

Two of the bombs have been in predominately white and affluent areas. One bomb was set off by tripwire which is random. Travis Country, the neighborhood it happened in, is an area people access trails for mountain biking and running. It would make sense to set up a tripwire on a narrow access point. It goes from streets to dirt trails.

To me, it seems the bomber is local, as that access point is used mostly by locals. Visitors, mostly run Town Lake trails or the greenbelt. It's unusual to know about those trails unless you're from here.

Four in one day, something big is coming. I keep waiting for a response scene to get hit, that BATFE bus is a big target.
Agree.
He changes his MO every time the cops say something.
Race related, BOOM he hits a majority white neighborhood.
Plants them him/herself, BOOM he ships via FedEx.
Still not ruling out one maker and multiple emplacers (spelling?).

Woke up to the news that law enforcement has killed the suspect. Other than that I see no other information. I hope there are no accomplices and this is the ending of this terrible crime.

Back