Bad cell reception...fixes?

Kaldak

Wheelchair Kamikaze
Verified Military
So, I'm in a divorce and we sold our house. I moved into a downtown apartment in a decent sized city (250k+)...I have next to zero phone reception for calls. When I do, they get broken up. If I'm outside the calls go, but, I don't want to have to leave to make a simple call.

My question:

Is there anything I can do to boost my signal for standard calls short of a new carrier? Solid internet and wifi. It's voice calls that are not working.

Currently on Verizon.

So, I'm in a divorce and we sold our house. I moved into a downtown apartment in a decent sized city (250k+)...I have next to zero phone reception for calls. When I do, they get broken up. If I'm outside the calls go, but, I don't want to have to leave to make a simple call.

My question:

Is there anything I can do to boost my signal for standard calls short of a new carrier? Solid internet and wifi. It's voice calls that are not working.

Currently on Verizon.
Yep. Call Verizon, they have a booster that they can put in your home. They will make you pay for it, but it works. I had one for 2 years before they changed the towers here, worked great.

WeBoost.

It's a cellular repeater, put one antenna outside one in the house good to go.

Otherwise, turn on wifi and use wifi calling when you're at home. It's what I do at our apartment.

ETA:

WeBoost is why I had coverage for the entire drive from Tok to Fairbanks, and a large portion of 1/37/87 in the Yukon and British Columbia. The shit works and if I went back over the road (way unlikely professionally) there's no way I would tolerate having a truck without one.

Last edited:
I don't have a way to install an exterior antenna. Do any systems exist to install only in the home?

Is there a way to route my calls through the internet? I turned on HD calling as Verizon recommended, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I turned on HD calling as Verizon recommended, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
As @Ranger Psych mentioned, WiFi calling works every time. (usually)

This is how I do it for an iPhone.
> Settings
> Phone
> Toggle 'on' WiFi calling on this phone
> "Enable"

You will be asked to fill out a 911 form so that you can be tracked if necessary.

Try making a call.

I completed and tested the procedure above and had zero issues.

If it does not work the first time, try rebooting your phone and then trying again. Sometimes you might have to 'turn off' data while in the house because it may try and compete for the WiFi signal to make/receive your calls.

You joke, but I have them installing one Monday.

Back