Becoming SF ???

doorkicker54

Unverified
Well, I'm currently deployed in lovely Baghdad right now, and most of you know, down time=thinking. And boy have I been doing alot of it!. So, this is what I've got, I've been an 11Bravo since day one (2003), joined the Nasty Guard when I was 17, I bought into the whole be a part time soldier and go to school for free! Well, for the most part I really havn't gone to school all that much and I pretty much fell in-love with the military and try be on orders more than actually being part time. This time last year my 1st 6 year contract ended and I renenlisted for another 6 years. Throughout my time in the guard I have truely disliked being part of my guard unit (love/hate) 1.) it is too laid back for me 2.) command never has a clue of what is going on 3.) since day one, I know what they say never volunteer for anything, but I do I volunteer for everything, but when it comes down to going to schools or skill schools, if you aren't a fresh Lt. out of OCS or ROTC, or someone's realative/fishing-hunting buddy you're constantly told that there isn't money to go and then months later you see someone coming back to the unit with a new skill badge or qualification.

So, here I am, an e-5 with nothing holding me back at home and full support from my family and nothing to stop me from following my heart, dreams and desires. I've done a lot of careful thinking and self evaluations and I want to get out of the guard and go active, to be part of the best units in the world. The most contact I have ever had with SF was a "hey, whats up" in the DFAC and thats it So, any suggestions as to what I need to do to prepare myself for to go to Pre-sfas and such I would greatly appreciate it.

Google Special Operation Recruiting Battalion, they have a wonderful website. Balad may even have a physical office on it where you can go by and talk to someone in the flesh. (Bagram does)

Well, I'm currently deployed in lovely Baghdad right now, and most of you know, down time=thinking. And boy have I been doing alot of it!. So, this is what I've got, I've been an 11Bravo since day one (2003), joined the Nasty Guard when I was 17, I bought into the whole be a part time soldier and go to school for free! Well, for the most part I really havn't gone to school all that much and I pretty much fell in-love with the military and try be on orders more than actually being part time. This time last year my 1st 6 year contract ended and I renenlisted for another 6 years. Throughout my time in the guard I have truely disliked being part of my guard unit (love/hate) 1.) it is too laid back for me 2.) command never has a clue of what is going on 3.) since day one, I know what they say never volunteer for anything, but I do I volunteer for everything, but when it comes down to going to schools or skill schools, if you aren't a fresh Lt. out of OCS or ROTC, or someone's realative/fishing-hunting buddy you're constantly told that there isn't money to go and then months later you see someone coming back to the unit with a new skill badge or qualification.

So, here I am, an e-5 with nothing holding me back at home and full support from my family and nothing to stop me from following my heart, dreams and desires. I've done a lot of careful thinking and self evaluations and I want to get out of the guard and go active, to be part of the best units in the world. The most contact I have ever had with SF was a "hey, whats up" in the DFAC and thats it So, any suggestions as to what I need to do to prepare myself for to go to Pre-sfas and such I would greatly appreciate it.

Shoot me a PM with your questions.
-SBG sends

Well gentlemen, It took me a while to find what I was looking for (internet in country is horrible, but better than nothing), but all of my questions have been answered thanks to "USAREC Pamphlet 601-25" I graciously appreciate the help.

God Bless

Back