BitterSweet guns, left to me by my Father in Law

How is the wood actually ?, I hear that they tend to smoke after some rounds

I actually did some preventive measures for this.

The furniture was rough as a cob when I got it, and so I sanded it smooth (laminate) This took off about 1/2 pound of lacquer on the fore stock, so that may have prevented it.

I then fired 60 rounds ASAP (It only came with 2 mags, and I dont have any more) and I got no smoke on the weapon except I got some where the gas tube enters the receiver, and of course out the barrel :D

I am very please with the rifle, and intend on really putting more rounds through her.

If anyone has some extra AK mags, I'd be happy to buy some more.

Thanks for the encouragement folks, it is appreciated..

Steve

UPDATE:

Shot the guns last Friday.

Ruger Standard (mark IV family) 22 LR pistol
Sweet little shooter... rate of fire was great, almost no recoil and smooooooth

Ithaca model XL900 with custom engraving of pheasants in flight, gold finished trigger,
Put some 00Buck in it and shoe the E-type targets at about 5 feet... great comfort in shooting it

and a plain sweet 12GA Springfield Model 67F 12GA pump
Shot without a problem, I like having a pump gun again..:)

Sears .410 bolt shotgun
Left this one at home. I was not happy with how the bolt cleaned up and dry fired. will take her out later

Stevens Model 94C break open single 410 with engraving
I liked this one alot. The shell extractor (when you break her open) shot the shells about 10 feet

H Pieper Belgium .32 short rolling breech single shot rifle
The old ammo I had for this one almost sounded like squib shots, had to check the barrel after the first shot, since I did not see the round hit the target. Will try again with new ammo

Remington Model 66 Nylon .22 semi rifle
GREAT plinker, 15 rounds per load, nice cheap shooting.. the way I like it..

Marlin Model 336 in .35 Remington Lever gun with polished receiver and gold trigger with a good quality scope and see through rings
Got her zeroed to 100 yards, but the rings are so high, I had no cheek/stock weld.. First shot... scope beat the shit out of my nose... still bruised... The gun has a great action and almost new in appearance. I WILL use this one during the boar hunt.
( I need a new scope and rings, if anyone can help, let me know, I am in the market)

And a Winchester Model 04-22 (looks youth sized) .22lr single shot bolt gun.
Nice light little shooter... no internal magazine, but a great gun for me to teach my 8 year old.

That is all I got folks, just wanted to let you know.

Take care,
Steve

Back