Book - The Guerrilla Factory: The Making of Special Forces Officers, the Green Berets

ReubenB

Verified Military
Anyone give this book a read willing to share their thoughts & opinions? Considering of downloading a copy to the Kindle.

81MplheOOuL._SL1500_.jpg

I rate the book pretty highly.

I think it gives the best in depth description and understanding of the modern Q course currently in mass media open source.

But having said that I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, a bit behind Dick Couch's book "Chosen Soldier" which offers a similar 3rd person(instead of 1st person) narrative.

As far as 1st person narrative for US Army SF books, I'm a huge fan of Col Banks' book "From OSS to Green Beret" about the formation of US Army SF as well as the book "Bank's Bandits" by Edward Fitzgerald.

Just my 0.02c

Thanks for the tips. I've read Couch's book. I'll have to look up "From OSS to Green Beret" and "Bank's Bandits" by Edward Fitzgerald.

@SOWT, Good point and the fact she is married to a guy in SF. Very interesting.

I think, after this reminder, I'm going to read it again.

If you can find it I recommend "The Company They Keep" by AJ Simons.

In the Amazon link, the cover they show is a pic of my Team, yes, I'm on it.
Oh I am so buying it in hardcover and making you sign it over your pic. It'll go on the same shelf with the autographed Brad Thor and Chris Kyle books.

ETA: The sepia tone does nothing for your pink hair.

My HTT guy worked for the author prior to his deployment with us. It's next in the hopper to read.

Back