Calling yourself a Ranger

I was afraid this was going to happen. Basically Ranger School is a school. Anyone in a combat mos can go to it. 82nd, 101st, SFG, 75th, etc etc. They complete the school; they wear a Ranger tab. They go back to the unit they came from.

Ranger Regiment is a unit, not a school. Graduate RIP, you wear a scroll and go on to do all the things involved with being a member of the 75th.

Media:
This would be the 75th Ranger Regiment. The 'Army Rangers' noted above are not random joes from various units coming together to form a coalition of tabbed individuals, it doesnt work that way.

Ranger School is a leadership/ patrolling course that basically sucks balls; it's a gut check. Since it's called Ranger School, graduates are referred to as 'Rangers'. The school really has nothing to do with Ranger Regiment other than its history. Ranger School and Ranger Regiment are night and day. I really don't know how else to explain it. One's a school, ones a special operations force.

I thought that was a pretty good Synopsis! RLTW Boon

Ranger School is a leadership/ patrolling course that basically sucks balls; it's a gut check.

But you have to be tough as nails to successfully complete the school, yes ?
Ranger School includes different Phases, like surviving in the swamp in FL , etc. or am I confusing that with RIP ?

Forget that I asked the question that I just deleted from this post. I didn't like the question after I re-read it and I don't think it is possible to answer, anyway, after reading what Boon said.

Ranger School is phases, yes.

My favorite is the women who pose as Ranger wives. I ran into a few in Georgia, including one who pointed to my husband as her spouse. It was fun to break the news to her on that count. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply, medicchick.

And I wish I could have seen the look on that woman's face when you informed her of her 'non'-marital status :eek::doh:}:-) !

I just laughed. People always knew who I'm married to, since we have matching unusual wedding bands.
ring.jpg

Black titanium and gold, with a band of silver titanium on each end. It goes silver, black, gold, black, silver.

I was afraid this was going to happen. Basically Ranger School is a school. Anyone in a combat mos can go to it. 82nd, 101st, SFG, 75th, etc etc. They complete the school; they wear a Ranger tab. They go back to the unit they came from.

Ranger Regiment is a unit, not a school. Graduate RIP, you wear a scroll and go on to do all the things involved with being a member of the 75th.

Media:
This would be the 75th Ranger Regiment. The 'Army Rangers' noted above are not random joes from various units coming together to form a coalition of tabbed individuals, it doesnt work that way.

Ranger School is a leadership/ patrolling course that basically sucks balls; it's a gut check. Since it's called Ranger School, graduates are referred to as 'Rangers'. The school really has nothing to do with Ranger Regiment other than its history. Ranger School and Ranger Regiment are night and day. I really don't know how else to explain it. One's a school, ones a special operations force.

Damn...you been book learnin or sumthin?

Back