Canadian Forces to replace Browning HP and Sig 225 with new "General Service Pistol"

Gay??!!!! that's an educated argument there for against the HK bud. :rolleyes:.

You use it, it's totally gay! Case closed! :D

Not an argument against HK at all just busting balls. Glock and HK are great pistols. I just don't like using them.

The problem is not the weapon. The problem is the military's attitude towards pistol training (with a few notable exceptions). Here's an example. When I went through the police academy, I had two solid weeks on the pistol range following a crawl/walk/run/run like hell methodology. Outside of the MPs, and SOF, who gets that amount of basic (and I stress basic here) pistol training in the military? Answer-no one that I'm aware of.

Of course, comparatively few soldiers are issued pistols. Most of those are also issued an M4, and so the pistol is treated as a red-headed stepchild. Just because it's a secondary weapons system does not mean that it is acceptable to maintain a lesser skill level with it. Saying lesser is being kind; in most cases the skill levels I have seen range from virtually nil to downright scary. But that's not the soldier's fault. That's the commander's fault for failing to train his troops correctly.

In the Army Ive qualified with a pistol once in the last couple of years, I have never received a lesson from the Army on shooting a pistol. They handed it to me and said good luck.

Ridiculous.

In the Army Ive qualified with a pistol once in the last couple of years, I have never received a lesson from the Army on shooting a pistol. They handed it to me and said good luck.

And people can't fathom why Snuffy has an ND......

Yeah thats all fucked up, believe it or not there are good programs out there to get unit NCO's trained to teach basic and advanced level training for "all" weapons but especially the M9. I know, I wrote and taught the train the trainer for one of them...:-":sneaky:

Ridiculous.

Training up here is a "little" more extensive up here. ;) We wouldn't let someone qualify without firing at least a couple rounds before hand. I've been out for a while now but from my understanding is that shooting is a major training event now, no matter what weapon.

I was walking past two Soldiers who were arguing, one of them approached me and asked what the difference between a silencer and a suppressor was. I said it's basically the same thing with a different name.
His friend said "I told you fool! I play Call Of Duty so I know all about guns and shit!"

:eek:

I'd heard stories of that happening, It was bloody surreal to hear it in person. I was speechless...

And people can't fathom why Snuffy has an ND......

The last time I shot the M9 for Uncle Sam, there were 2 other medics who had to qualify and the rest of the 11Bs were just given the pistol for fam fire. We fired on E-type knockdown silhouettes out to 25m...results were dismal. But that's to be expected with poor/limited training.

Hopefully the Canucks will do better, if they can pull themselves away from poutine, Trois Pistoles, and reruns of The Littlest Hobo to go shoot... :confused:

Just been transferred to a rear echelon medical unit in order to deploy.
Yes I'm ready to kill myself... :(

FUCK!:eek:

Dude you need to just find a NG Infantry BCT deploying and do a interstate transfer to that BCT. I have done it twice without issue... Fuck being in the rear while deployed, I would rather serve a year in prison...

Well....if you do that then the in absentia sympathy vote may allow you to beat Marauder.

:D

Have I ever lost an election to him? ;)

FUCK!:eek:

Dude you need to just find a NG Infantry BCT deploying and do a interstate transfer to that BCT. I have done it twice without issue... Fuck being in the rear while deployed, I would rather serve a year in prison...

Yeah, I know. if you know of one let me know! I haven't had much luck so far.

Well I don't like it but I'm an old hand and I love the Browning Hi Power. I've shot one since the early 70s and I can hit better with that pistol than any other. I still have the one I purchased in the 70s and also have a 1944 vintage Inglis..tough pistolas. I suspect the Canucks will look to Glock or HK and either will be good choices. I dont care much for the full size HKs but the compacts are nice. I like the ability to be able to choose between cocked and locked and traditional double action.

Well I don't like it but I'm an old hand and I love the Browning Hi Power. I've shot one since the early 70s and I cant hit better with that pistol than any other. I still have the one I purchased in the 70s and also have a 1944 vintage Inglis..tough pistolas. I suspect the Canucks will look to Glock or HK and either will be good choices. I dont care much for the full size HKs but the compacts are nice. I like the ability to be able to choose between cocked and locked and traditional double action.

HK makes what is arguably the best engineered handgun on the market today. Of course, their price tag matches their technical perfection :-). All my HKs are Variant 9 (manual safety only) and are always carried in Condition One, but I agree that their versatility is one of their advantages.

Back