Can't find a Rem 700 to save my friggin life

How much would a .308 on an AR frame with a DPMS barrel with a 1/9 Right hand twist run me?

A bunch. New, ~$3500 for a carbine up to ~$8500 for the long barrel floated and optics. Expect to wait up to 3 years if you order one.

Used - best guess due to demand - at least the same, and if an armorer/gunsmith tweaked it - some may be double that.

A little more than a High Schooler needs to plonk down on a rifle, dontcha think?

I would go to reloading, you can build rifle specific ammo and close those groups a little more if you want. On hunting rifles, my Win Mod 70 .338 Win Mag hits milk jugs at 600 M. That is all I need in a hunting rifle. I am not going for a group (as on paper).

Not knocking commerical ammo, but it is made for everyone's rifle.

Reloading is to "accurate" shooting as foreplay is to sex. :D

Good point I never thought about having my ammo made, at least not by somebody else. I want to learn how to load my own but seems like I never have the time to learn.

Good point I never thought about having my ammo made, at least not by somebody else. I want to learn how to load my own but seems like I never have the time to learn.

Easiest way is to find someone who is already GTG and can help you. If you lived in Oregon, I have some sources that could help you. It is not that difficult. Most bullet manufacturers have a reloading manual that will tell how. Barrow or buy a few and read them. If your doing percission shooting a single stage press would work very well. I have two dillons and a single stage. The dillons are great for ammo one will shoot a lot of.

There are several good books on accurate loads. Ignore the 1000M bench stuff unless that is what you are going to do. I have a Ruger MKII Bull barrlel that clover leafs at 100M with hand loads.

Great book Ken Water's pet loads, is great to start off on developing loads. My daughter has been helping reload when she was 9, she has done 12g, 30 carbine, 223, 9mm, 45 acp, 30-30, 308, and some others.

My reloading set up:

reload2.jpg

But Hollis,
Will your garaqge explode as well as the overeducated redneck's in Springtucky?:confused: I think not.:doh: And, I don't see a blast proof gun safe in your place.}:-)

Or, bullet launchers that won't fit in it, either....

My shop/garage is 36 x 36.....

this is less than 1/6 of my shop. Though I really would like to have the mill that Springtukian has/

shop2.jpg

Good God man, that is one hell of a setup. Very nice, and thanks for the info I'll look in to it and see what I can find.

test fired the weapon today on range 46. Got head shots at 500 yards.

The guy that is building it will be duracoating it this week and I will have him mount the optics, and she'll be done.

I will post pics as soon as I have them.

I love this country!!! :D

This is for anyone in Washington. I bought mine at Wade's in Bellevue. It was already outfitted as it was a former Snohomish Co Sheriff's Dept rifle. No round count, but it's not like I'm going to save the world with this thing. $600 for the rifle, about the same for my Mk 4. Just wish it wasn't a short action...anywho... :2c: