CCT Vs TACP

BonannoQbano

SicilianoQbano
Unverified
I went to a online forum through a myspace group called USAF TACP. I wonder why do some of guys from TACP down talk CCT guys. Age old comments and remarks about one does real work over the other, and a lot of jargon talking. I understand that TACP work with conventional forces and CCT work under special operations. If you ask me both do a great job and put their all into the job that is asked of them. Just a question maybe a stupid question to ask.

Who knows. Jealousy? Professional rivalry? Small penis syndrome? This could be said for any negative relationship between two professional groups in the military. I wouldn't put much stock in it. A Professional wouldn't behave that way regardless of MOS.

There are SOF TACPs too, BTW. Assigned to SOF units, they get some of the cool guy SOF schools too.

Bottom line: a Professional doesn't smack talk another MOS/ AFSC/ Rate because he/she knows every job is important.

FWIW the TACPs I knew in Afghanistan didn't run their suck so I don't see this as a case of bad blood between the communities, just some jaw-jacking by a couple of punks.

What FF said...

I have worked with them both while on this rotation and both were among the most professional of any warrior I have worked with. Like everyone else, they talk shit to each other, but dont talk shit about each other. Be weary of those that feel the need to...they are covering up for something...

Crip

Thanks for the replies guys I guess its like being a Sicilian "Each family have something to say negative about the other person, but respect them 100%" Thanks

Bottom line: a Professional doesn't smack talk another MOS/ AFSC/ Rate because he/she knows every job is important.

Yep, I was always grateful to cooks and commo guys for instance, simply because it's something I was bloody glad not to be doing.

I was more afraid of the cooks than the commo guys, I always knew where the commo guys were in the field, hard to hide all that radio gear, easy to find at night }:-)

I always feigned total ignorance with radios lest I be stuck humping one.

That's smart, that shit is heavy and a commo guy can just cut you off from the outside world or if you have calls home; listen in on your phone sex. ;) A cook can poison you or just not feed you. lol }:-)

Commo was just a pain in my ass, the fucking radio just gave me bad news, walk over this hill, come back, do it again :doh: :(

I liked to take off and hide in the bush with my guys, :ah yeah radio isnt working sorry " }:-)

Yep, I was always grateful to cooks and commo guys for instance, simply because it's something I was bloody glad not to be doing.

Right on.

Our Bn POL guy had one of the toughest jobs in the field. Whenever we went out, which was just about every day, we'd stop off to pick up some stuff from a local shop, and always included Spc. Williams on our shopping list for goodies.

Hardest working man in show business.

Jealously most likely...

And I only say it because I've done some homework on both AFSCs for some time now, and I've been told a couple of times already that a lot of folks that wash out of the CCT pipeline end up in TACP.

By the way any controllers or PJs in here? I'd like to ask a question...

Back