Chances of me even joining the military

JacenCaedus

Unverified
I haven't really brought this up alot, but as some of you know I want to join the Army, but the issue is when I was younger I got arrested and charged with a misdemeanor. Long story short the charges were dropped and the arrest got expunged. Even though I didn't end up with a conviction and just an arrest do I still have a chance of joining the Army?

Really? Reason I'm asking cause I've been hoping to get a MOS like signals intelligence.
A misdemeanor charge as a minor, which was expunged, is not going to prevent you from getting the clearance necessary for a signal job. As long as you’re honest with the investigators.

But in the end it’s a very minor thing.

Last edited:
A misdemeanor charge as a minor, which was expunged, is not going to prevent you from getting the cleanse necessary for a signal job. As long as you’re honest with the investigators.

But in the end it’s a very minor thing.
The charge happened when I was 20 to be exact if that makes any difference. I thought I was unable to get a job in Intel since it requires a security clearance.

For some reason, these types of threads have a tendency to go south fast.

Have you spoken to recruiter yet, and what exactly did he or she tell you?

For some reason, these types of threads have a tendency to go south fast.

Have you spoken to recruiter yet, and what exactly did he or she tell you?
I talked to one awhile ago and he told me I need to show him the court disposition. I dont see how can I get my hands on it since the arrest got expunged.

I dont see how can I get my hands on it since the arrest got expunged.
If it were me, I would call the clerk's office and ask how to get a court disposition or comparable official record of an expunged record for a military recruitor/security clearance investigation. Good luck.

Dude. No one here can conclusively answer your question. Only your recruiter can do so. Go see him. If you can't be SIGINT, be something else.

Good luck.

Back