Chief Shannon Kent

She was a warrior and will be missed by many as indicated in that article.

Rest In Peace, Chief and thank you for your service and sacrifice. My condolences to her family, friends, and unit.

Coincidentally, the author of that article is a long-time member of this site. I don't think he wants his real name associated with his handle here on the site so I won't link them.

No, it's not me :)

Hard to believe people of that caliber exist in reality; sounds like an amazing person. RIP

I remember when news came out about the bombing, telling my coworkers she had to have been a badass to be a member of a team like that; I never realized how much of an understatement that was.

The country lost a truly amazing warrior in Chief Kent. I don't think its hyperbolic at all to think that, when we start seeing the first female SEALS/SF/etc, that she wont be named as an inspiration.

Coincidentally, the author of that article is a long-time member of this site. I don't think he wants his real name associated with his handle here on the site so I won't link them.

No, it's not me :)

He hasn't been around in a while. Rather unfortunate.

As for Chief Kent, hopefully by her story getting public attention more females may want to follow in her shoes.

Back