China No Match for US, Militarily, Economically, Doesn't Intend to Challenge US

I don't know guys, I spent most of my military career gathering Intel on the Russians. What I saw did not worry me. The Chinese worry me. One thing I learned from my 10 yrs of martial arts training is never...I mean never under estimate your opponent. You go at them hard as you can, as strong & long as you can. I fear that we are under estimating China and if we continue to do so we will suffer. After I left the military I have continued to work for the Fed Gov my organization is currently helping China to establish their airspace infrastructure, its like an IOU that the US is trying to make good on. In the mean time these guys are ripping us off blind, I.E. recent Chinese stealth aircraft tested. WTF?

http://www.fas.org/blog/ssp/2009/11/subnoise.php
China has two nuclear subs that are new. These have a sound signature louder than a Russian submarine in the 1970's.
There is an old addage quiet nuclear submarines and noisy targets. Look at what is available on the mark 48 torpedo and compare it to Chinas available http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-6_torpedo weapons. What ever can be said about quantity overcomes quality, I am sure that does not apply to acoustic signature and capabilities.
Janes fighting ships gives a lot of good information.
There is a lot of debate about does China have a SOSUS line and how effective is it. I would not want to be in a Chinese submarine if war broke out with the US.
Respectfully,
Bill

I would agree with you, China is just starting to get into the sub game seriously. I would be concerned though if the Russians are helping them. Even so though, the Soviets have already demonstrated that their reactor designs are flawed, so unless they have improved their nuclear reactor maintenanace procedures & designs they will stil fall short of Admr. Rickover's designs & procedures.

The one thing that hurt us during the cold war more than anything was the compromise of propeller technology through the Japanese. I would guess the Russians still have some noise problems.

The one thing that hurt us during the cold war more than anything was the compromise of propeller technology through the Japanese. I would guess the Russians still have some noise problems.
Absolutely, they have foolishly compromised themselves for gains that did not pay off.
I choose not to elaborate further based on sensitivity.

As of the late 90's they were still noisy, we could here them half a ocean away.

Back