China Suspects SEALs sunk Korean Corvette

Diesel_Actual

Banned
Stumbled upon this non-sense today,

Beijing suspects false flag attack on South Korean corvette
By Wayne Madsen
Online Journal Contributing Writer

May 28, 2010, 00:18

"(WMR) -- WMR's intelligence sources in Asia suspect that the March attack on the South Korean Navy anti-submarine warfare (ASW) corvette, the Cheonan, was a false flag attack designed to appear as coming from North Korea.

One of the main purposes for increasing tensions on the Korean peninsula was to apply pressure on Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama to reverse course on moving the U.S. Marine Corps base off Okinawa. Hatoyama has admitted that the tensions over the sinking of the Cheonan played a large part in his decision to allow the U.S. Marines to remain on Okinawa. Hatoyama's decision has resulted in a split in the ruling center-left coalition government, a development welcome in Washington, with Mizuho Fukushima, the Social Democratic Party leader threatening to bolt the coalition over the Okinawa reversal.

The Cheonan was sunk near Baengnyeong Island, a westernmost spot that is far from the South Korean coast, but opposite the North Korean coast. The island is heavily militarized and within artillery fire range of North Korean coastal defenses, which lie across a narrow channel.

The Cheonan, an ASW corvette, was decked out with state-of-the-art sonar, plus it was operating in waters with extensive hydrophone sonar arrays and acoustic underwater sensors. There is no South Korean sonar or audio evidence of a torpedo, submarine or mini-sub in the area. Since there is next to no shipping in the channel, the sea was silent at the time of the sinking.

However, Baengnyeong Island hosts a joint US-South Korea military intelligence base and the US Navy SEALS operate out of the base. In addition, four U.S. Navy ships were in the area, part of the joint U.S-South Korean Exercise Foal Eagle, during the sinking of the Cheonan. An investigation of the suspect torpedo's metallic and chemical fingerprints show it to be of German manufacture. There are suspicions that the US Navy SEALS maintains a sampling of European torpedoes for sake of plausible deniability for false flag attacks. Also, Berlin does not sell torpedoes to North Korea, however, Germany does maintain a close joint submarine and submarine weapons development program with Israel.

The presence of the USNS Salvor, one of the participants in Foal Eagle, so close to Baengnyeong Island during the sinking of the South Korean corvette also raises questions.

The Salvor, a civilian Navy salvage ship, which participated in mine laying activities for the Thai Marines in the Gulf of Thailand in 2006, was present near the time of the blast with a complement of 12 deep sea divers.

Beijing, satisfied with North Korea's Kim Jong Il's claim of innocence after a hurried train trip from Pyongyang to Beijing, suspects the U.S. Navy's role in the Cheonan's sinking, with particular suspicion on the role of the Salvor. The suspicions are as follows:

1. The Salvor engaged in a seabed mine-installation operation, in other words, attaching horizontally fired anti-submarine mines on the sea floor in the channel.

2. The Salvor was doing routine inspection and maintenance on seabed mines, and put them into an electronic active mode (hair trigger release) as part of the inspection program.

3. A SEALS diver attached a magnetic mine to the Cheonan, as part of a covert program aimed at influencing public opinion in South Korea, Japan and China.

The Korean peninsula tensions have conveniently overshadowed all other agenda items on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's visits to Beijing and Seoul."

Previously published in the Wayne Madsen Report.

Copyright © 2010 WayneMadenReport.com

Wayne Madsen Biography:

Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist, author and syndicated columnist. He has written for The Village Voice, The Progressive, Counterpunch, Online Journal, CorpWatch, Multinational Monitor, News Insider, In These Times, and The American Conservative. His columns have appeared in The Miami Herald, Houston Chronicle, Philadelphia Inquirer, Columbus Dispatch, Sacramento Bee, and Atlanta Journal-Constitution, among others.

Madsen is the author of The Handbook of Personal Data Protection (London: Macmillan, 1992), an acclaimed reference book on international data protection law; Genocide and Covert Operations in Africa 1993-1999 (Edwin Mellen Press, 1999); co-author of America's Nightmare: The Presidency of George Bush II (Dandelion, 2003); author of Jaded Tasks: Big Oil, Black Ops & Brass Plates and Overthrow a Fascist Regime on $15 a Day.

Madsen is a regular contributor on Russia Today. He has been a frequent political and national security commentator on Fox News and has also appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and MS-NBC. Madsen has taken on Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity on their television shows. He has been invited to testifty as a witness before the US House of Representatives, the UN Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and an terrorism investigation panel of the French government.

Madsen has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation. Madsen was a Senior Fellow for the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a privacy public advocacy organization.

Madsen is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ), Association for Intelligence Officers (AFIO), and the National Press Club.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/categories/20070329

An investigation of the suspect torpedo's metallic and chemical fingerprints show it to be of German manufacture.

I want to see the evidence/report on this.

Why the fuck would anyone believe anything that the fucking Nth Koreans or Chinese say???

Because an action like this is unprecedented for Nth Korea right? :rolleyes:

IF this was done by the US, then meh, I have no problem with it. :2c:

Yeah, I haven't found anything to substantiate any of the acquisitions that are written in this article, by that I mean whether this is actually the Chinese Governments opinion or just that of Wayne Madsen's. It's my opinion that if it was a US false flag attack, we would have been told it was North Korea from the get-go, that's usually how we roll.

I've started coating my tin foil with a layer of gold to better resist the radiation the gov't tries to sicken me with.

It's a good thing I've dropped off the grid, now they'll never be able to find me.

I can't imagine a group of SEALs being ok with a task of mass murdering 46 of their closest allies.
Remember back in the 80s of hollywood movies, when some guys in government who were tasked with "cleaning" up problems or killing innocent civilians to cover up shit... hollywood always scripted them as former Special Forces-types. lol.. its ironic

I've started coating my tin foil with a layer of gold to better resist the radiation the gov't tries to sicken me with.

It's a good thing I've dropped off the grid, now they'll never be able to find me.

That sounds a little expensive to me, you'll need different hats for different occasions... I prefer to go low tech and something that is black; it'll go with every thing. ;) An ol' fashioned cast iron pot, sure it's heavy but it doubles as a weapon. }:-)

All the ususal suspects in on this one... they even managed to tie in Israel. The only thing missing is somehow blaming the whole thing on President Bush.

I can't imagine a group of SEALs being ok with a task of mass murdering 46 of their closest allies.
Remember back in the 80s of hollywood movies, when some guys in government who were tasked with "cleaning" up problems or killing innocent civilians to cover up shit... hollywood always scripted them as former Special Forces-types. lol.. its ironic

Bingo. So many people out there that've never been in/around the military assume we in the military have zero issues doing unethical things like this and are robots with no morals and blind obedience. I was NEVER issued an order by one of my officers that I considered unethical, but if I had been I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have obeyed it.

I can see it now; "Okay men, today we're going to sink a SK ship..." :D

Hell it probably was the Chinese that did it. Anyone remember a few years back when the Chinese snuck a diesel-electric sub pass a carrier battle group, and surfaced right next to the Aircraft carrier during a wargames exercise?

Oath Keepers anyone? SEALs aren't brain-washed killing machines,
If this was back in the day, I wouldn't put it pass Marcinko and Red Cell doing something like this, they took pride in being dirtbags.
This day and age, I think the US would employ a PMC to do something like this if they where behind it. Let's face it, America can't afford a war in Korea right now, why would we try to start one?? What would the US benefit, cheaply made plastic goods?? Or does Obama really wanna see some of Kim's personal movies??

Hell it probably was the Chinese that did it. Anyone remember a few years back when the Chinese snuck a diesel-electric sub pass a carrier battle group, and surfaced right next to the Aircraft carrier during a wargames exercise?

If this was back in the day, I wouldn't put it pass Marcinko and Red Cell doing something like this, they took pride in being dirtbags.
This day and age, I think the US would employ a PMC to do something like this if they where behind it. Let's face it, America can't afford a war in Korea right now, why would we try to start one?? What would the US benefit, cheaply made plastic goods?? Or does Obama really wanna see some of Kim's personal movies??

95% of my friends I served with are in PMCs.. if any one of them were asked to covertly blow up an allied vessel and murder all on board in order to make it look like somebody else did it; they would cut their contracts short and go home. There are no evil or sinister forces at work in the shadows of the government. It would be near impossible for the US to find enough immoral and shady soldiers like the ones needed to pull this off to even fill up a squad.

btw, most PMCs couldnt pull this shit off. The ones that could would be former Tier 1, and id like to see you take a group of the most humblest professionals in the military and find one that would be ok with something like this. It would never happen.

And Red Cell? When did testing the security and effectiveness of a government installation turn into rigging a SK ship with explosives and swimming away as it kills half the sailors and maims the other half?

95% of my friends I served with are in PMCs.. if any one of them were asked to covertly blow up an allied vessel and murder all on board in order to make it look like somebody else did it; they would cut their contracts short and go home. There are no evil or sinister forces at work in the shadows of the government. It would be near impossible for the US to find enough immoral and shady soldiers like the ones needed to pull this off to even fill up a squad.

btw, most PMCs couldnt pull this shit off. The ones that could would be former Tier 1, and id like to see you take a group of the most humblest professionals in the military and find one that would be ok with something like this. It would never happen.

And Red Cell? When did testing the security and effectiveness of a government installation turn into rigging a SK ship with explosives and swimming away as it kills half the sailors and maims the other half?

Damn skippy.

Well I completely agree with your comments, my belief is that China/NK are behind the sinking. As you stated, the US would be hard pressed to find a group of Americans that was willing as well as capable of such operation.

Rigging explosives on really expensive stuff was one of the things Red Cell did best, I didn't mean to imply they would purposely kill friendlies:doh:, but they would certainly ruff them up or sink their ship. But Red Cell also showed exactly how easy it is to pull off stuff like this, at least for highly trained operators. :doh:

Funny Side-note- I think the last Rogue Warrior book was about Dick's team working for Kim Jong Il:uhh: It's always hard to tell how much truth he depicts as fiction.

As far as the PMC subject, I'm sure there's a few ex-special forces troops in mexico or elsewhere that would do this for the right amount of coin, not that they would be capable but willing, they have been known to do worse.
Anyways, if your gonna sink a ship and make it look like a torpedo hit it, then why not just shoot it with a torpedo? After all, the Chinese have shown that their subs can defeat most detection methods.

Rigging explosives on really expensive stuff was one of the things Red Cell did best, I didn't mean to imply they would purposely kill friendlies

I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension, because the quotes above don't jive with each other.

Are you basing this on the books, or do you have personal knowledge of these people?

Dude, you know that shit on 24 is made up, don't you? :D All that "evil PMC" stuff is just PC run amok; we can't say Russians or Arabs are "bad guys" anymore, so movie directors had to find someone else. The American PMCs out there are made up of the same people that serve in our military & law enforcement agencies.

Back