College Football

There was some good foo ball this weekend. The Houston Oklahoma game was great as well.

West Point won its opener against Temple, a ranked (probably "formerly ranked," after this) team.

One game into the season, and they're already halfway to matching their win total for last year.:-o

Navy is done for this year.

The Fla State-Ol' Miss game was insane. I was hoping Ol' Miss would pull it out, but Florida State remembered how to play football. Their D-line is incredible.

The Texas-ND game, LSU-Wi, Army-Temple....some good football. Looking forward to week two and hopefully an ECU victory over NC State.

West Point won its opener against Temple, a ranked (probably "formerly ranked," after this) team.

One game into the season, and they're already halfway to matching their win total for last year.:-o

West Point launches inquiry into football team's postgam | ArmyTimes

Officials with the U.S. Military Academy pulled a video clip of the football team’s postgame locker-room celebration offline Monday and have launched an inquiry into whether a team prayer violated players’ rights to religious freedom.

I think prayer is done for this year. Better hope Navy paints a cross on their helmets so they can forfeit the game.

#WestPointKnightmare

Army goes 2-0!!!!! Army mascots go full Cav.

Army mascot craps in end zone, delays game

The start of the second quarter was delayed briefly after one of Army’s mules meandered into the end zone and left a gift for the grounds crew to clean up.

I confess myself slightly disappointed. I can't believe there's no talk from you Navy folk. Mainly about the fact that the Navy Midshipmen knocked off #6 Houston yesterday afternoon! That was a helluva game.

ETA: Recap

Last edited:
Being a Navy man, I always pull for Navy except for when they beat, I mean play, my alma mater. They have put together some good teams, and this is definitely a signature win.

I don't care for Michigan but have to laugh at the can of whoop-ass they opened against Rutgers. And Virginia Tech? Thank you. Just...thank you.

I'm still not a fan of the fact that Rutgers and Maryland are now in the Big Ten. It just doesn't fit. Nebraska made sense to me, but so far the other two have been fodder. It's kind of like Boise State joining the Big East, instead of day the Pac-12, where they're location fits.

I'm hoping the Badgers can put up a decent fight against OSU this week, but pertaining to Michigan, I can't wait for them to play in Columbus. That should be a game of the year contender. So far it's been a crazy year for college football.

Crazy enough that Navy is now ranked #25. :thumbsup:

Back