Combat Control School

nice video!

My first experience with a CCT was a Captain from the 24th doing Fixed Wing with us. What a guy! I immediately said to myself that I'm in the wrong line of work.

nice video!

My first experience with a CCT was a Captain from the 24th doing Fixed Wing with us. What a guy! I immediately said to myself that I'm in the wrong line of work.

Dknob, I'm not close to getting a contract for either. However, I would like to decide on CCT or Ranger. While I've done research on both jobs I've no experience with either. Since you were a Ranger and have mentioned your interest in being a CCT and have worked with CCTs you've more insight into both jobs than I do. Would you mind telling me what you would enjoy more about the job of a CCT over the job of a Ranger?

Necropost.jpg

Would you mind telling me what you would enjoy more about the job of a CCT over the job of a Ranger?
I'll allow it, for a second or two. Just by reading here, you can see that DKnob (although a great guy, super Ranger, and very good looking) wasn't a Controller. Soooooo, he could tell you what he likes about being a Ranger, and what he meant when he said he liked the line of work re: Combat Control.

Use the search function, read a lot, ask questions if you do your due diligence and come short on your answers.

Dknob, I'm not close to getting a contract for either. However, I would like to decide on CCT or Ranger. While I've done research on both jobs I've no experience with either. Since you were a Ranger and have mentioned your interest in being a CCT and have worked with CCTs you've more insight into both jobs than I do. Would you mind telling me what you would enjoy more about the job of a CCT over the job of a Ranger?
Do you want to be a shooter/door kicker; or an Air Traffic Controller who also calls airstrikes in?

View attachment 7917

I'll allow it, for a second or two. Just by reading here, you can see that DKnob (although a great guy, super Ranger, and very good looking) wasn't a Controller. Soooooo, he could tell you what he likes about being a Ranger, and what he meant when he said he liked the line of work re: Combat Control.

Use the search function, read a lot, ask questions if you do your due diligence and come short on your answers.

Sorry, at the time I figured it'd be better to use an existing thread rather than creating a new one. I also worded my question poorly. I was only wondering what made him think "I'm in the wrong line of work.", not to answer questions about either job for me. I've read this forum and other forums enough to know asking others to do research for you isn't tolerated. I appreciate you allowing this and giving me a chance to either keep digging or recover.

Do you want to be a shooter/door kicker; or an Air Traffic Controller who also calls airstrikes in?

That isn't really what appeals to me about either job and I think I would be fortunate to do either. Being a CCT or a Ranger is just what I'd personally like to do, I want to do it for reasons like the challenge of it, dedication and commitment. And I realize there are vast differences between the two but I'm very weak at swimming and have no idea how long it'll take to pass the swim portion of the PAST test. I don't even know if I'll pass the PAST test. If I can't I'd like to see if I can get the 11b option 40 contract. If neither works out the military has other opportunities and I can put my best effort into something else.

ebiaihi thank you for being the first person on here in a while that actually responded and acted like an adult. Bravo.

It's like I wanna shout it from a mountain top- "SEE?! Do you see how this is supposed to be handled, everyone else?!"

You do your research, and if you come up short, I would be more than willing to help. The SOF Mentor forum is a great place for these questions.

I appreciate you taking the time to thank me, especially for doing something that's expected of me and I should expect from myself if I want to post on this forum.

Back