Contract 0321 Pipeline

quamrh

Unverified
MSOB may not be the right place for this question but it's the only one with anything "Recon," in the description so here goes:

My son is currently in recruit training and is on a UZ (0321) contract. As I understand it (according to the various USMC information pages), is the UZ contracts have to complete a 59 day course at ITB (essentially to become an 0311), then they go to BRPC and perhaps after a stint in what may or may not still be referred to as MART. Then they go to BRC, jump school, SERE, freefall and then off to most likely Okinawa. All that said, I have done quite a bit of research and visited a MGySgt at Recon Bn and discussed the pipeline with him. Then I hear they are sending the UZ contracts to MCT because ITB is backed up...called another MGySgt friend of mine and he said they might be sending them to MCT to kill time while they wait for ITB.

I know, long intro to a simple question but I'm trying to weed out the guesses...goal is to plan my vacation next year based on his schedule. I was a Marine from 1993-2000 (comm electronic), and I work with a few former recon guys but they aren't sure how things work today. Can I wait until closer to MCRD graduation and have someone look in MCTIMS and see what he's scheduled for? Yes. Am I that patient? No...though I might have to be. LOL!

Thanks,

In case anyone else is interested. I called SOI and the answer is: "They recently changed it but for the time being, Marines on UZ contracts go to MCT."

Recon contracts normally attend training at ITB, or MCT if there are scheduling issues, then head to MART. The top 75 students, on paper anyway, will class up for a BRPC class. The rest will remain in MART and get ready for BRPC. The BRPC graduates will muster back into MART and wait for a BRC class. The remainder of the recruit drop will attend BRPC and those that graduate will proceed to BRC with the graduates from the last BRPC class. Your son will attend recruit training, ITB, Pre-BRC, and BRC at a minimum. Nothing after that is guaranteed. RTC will arrange training for some of the 0321s who take orders to Okinawa. They do not perform this service for Marines headed for 1st and 2nd.

Teufel: Are the top 75 recruits ranked based on things scored while in MART or things leading up to MART...or both? Not concerned with what is scored, just when it is scored. Basically, I'm trying to figure out if it's even possible for my son to report to BRPC 006 on April 23rd after graduating MCT April 17th (which is his actual MCT graduation date). Thanks!

Back