Corpsman in marine regs?

I have no idea what you're talking about. IF you become a green side Doc, then you will wear MARPAT cammies. The dress uniform that you will wear will be the Navy's.

Do green side corpsmen still get the option to go marine reg and wear the green and khaki uniform?

Corpsmen who opt for Marine regs and maintain Marine Corps uniform and fitness standards (PFT vs PRT) are authorized to wear all of the Marine Corps service uniforms to include Service Alphas. They do not wear any Marine dress uniforms (aka dress blues). I know several corpsmen who go Marine regs and I know several corpsmen who don't because they don't want to cut their hair.

Corpsmen who opt for Marine regs and maintain Marine Corps uniform and fitness standards (PFT vs PRT) are authorized to wear all of the Marine Corps service uniforms to include Service Alphas. They do not wear any Marine dress uniforms (aka dress blues). I know several corpsmen who go Marine regs and I know several corpsmen who don't because they don't want to cut their hair.

Quite a few of our company Corpsmen opted to wear Alphas at the MC Ball.

I guess not to many care enough to buy another uniform, but it can be authorized.

My brothers a FMF IDC and I have only seen him wear his alphas once when he first graduated Field- med the last eight years he has always worn his Navy uniforms except for his MARPAT that he wears everyday.

That's his choice. He can wear charlies and alphas if he maintains Marine regs. The only thing he can't wear is blues.

Never saw a corpman wear any time of Marine Corps uniform aside from MARPAT, though I've known several who deff earned it, first that comes to mind is Doc Leoncio, now THAT was a true Corpman.

Wait...I could see this being hilarious. How much does this end up pissing off other Marines?

(IMHO)

It doesn't, we fucking LOVE our Corpsmen. They're nothing more than extra gay Marines in our eyes.:p

But seriously, they care for us medically, and fight alongside us, its an honor we bestow upon them because they EARNED it. Semper Fi to all the Docs.

(IMHO)

It doesn't, we fucking LOVE our Corpsmen. They're nothing more than extra gay Marines in our eyes.:p

But seriously, they care for us medically, and fight alongside us, its an honor we bestow upon them because they EARNED it. Semper Fi to all the Docs.

I'll have to completely agree....in fact, I'll even admit that I am personally a little jealous of the sweet long locks that our docs have.

The only time I've ever really seen this be brought up is with this is bringing friends, wives, girlfriends, family, whatever on base and them asking "why is that Marine's hair so long?" Then just explaining the difference between the Marine and Navy regs.

Back