CPT John Tinsley, 2/7 SFG(A)

AWP

SOF Support
Blue Skies.

http://news.soc.mil//releases/News Archive/2009/August/090814-01.html

PRESS RELEASE: U.S. Special Forces Soldier killed by IED in Afghanistan

U.S. Army Special Operations Command Public Affairs Office

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Aug 14, 2009) — A U.S. Army Special Forces Soldier was killed Aug. 12 as a result of an improvised explosive device strike to his high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle, while conducting a combat patrol in Oruzgan Province, Afghanistan.

Capt. John Tinsley, 28, was fatally wounded when he encountered an IED in the course of conducting a routine patrol. He was a Special Forces Operational Detachment-Alpha detachment commander assigned to, Company B, 2nd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) out of Fort Bragg, NC.

Tinsley is survived by his wife, Emily Tinsley, daughter Isabella, and parents John Tinsley, Debra Tinsley.

R.I.P. 2/7th SFG(A) Brother. Thank you for your ultimate sacrifice and devoted service! My prayers are for you to find a key position in God's mighty army and continue doing that which you have been called to do. I pray God's mercy and comfort on your family during this time of loss.

John, we miss you around here and we'll be thinking about you in the upcoming deployment. I will always remember our motto "Were here to fuck shit up".

Back