Crossroad's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you had a tabbed SF recruiter. He told you when you got out of the Navy he would help you obtain a Rep-63 contact, and he was aware of the waivers you'd need when he promised you that? Then when you got out, he decided it was too much work to enlist you with the waivers. You go over his head and he finds out. He is mad you went over his head, so he decides to tell his boys at group to PNG you from getting a Rep-63 contract. Am I correct so far?

You could just enlist with a support MOS in Group and then do an SFRE as soon as you get to the unit. Any recruiter in the state can enlist you into that unit with a support MOS. Just make 100% sure when they enlist you it's into this SF Group in your state and not some other unit.

ETA: You may have never been eligible for a Rep-63 contract because you are prior service. In the past prior service haven't been eligible to get that contract, though that may have changed. I'm guessing that is why they told you that you need to go 11B and then try out for an SFRE.
[/QUOT
So you had a tabbed SF recruiter. He told you when you got out of the Navy he would help you obtain a Rep-63 contact, and he was aware of the waivers you'd need when he promised you that? Then when you got out, he decided it was too much work to enlist you with the waivers. You go over his head and he finds out. He is mad you went over his head, so he decides to tell his boys at group to PNG you from getting a Rep-63 contract. Am I correct so far?

You could just enlist with a support MOS in Group and then do an SFRE as soon as you get to the unit. Any recruiter in the state can enlist you into that unit with a support MOS. Just make 100% sure when they enlist you it's into this SF Group in your state and not some other unit.

ETA: You may have never been eligible for a Rep-63 contract because you are prior service. In the past prior service haven't been eligible to get that contract, though that may have changed. I'm guessing that is why they told you that you need to go 11B and then try out for an SFRE.

Yes. That is exactly how everything went down. I still have their text from the recruiter telling me that he's working with too many qualified applicants at the time to be working with me. Now the reasoning that the group has denied me any opportunity at an 18x/rep63 contract isn't verified, but the ONLY reason that I can think is because I went around their head. The most recent recruiter said I brought national attention and a negative light to them from whoever I called. The person I called is asking me to give him a call today so I'm not sure exactly what he wants to talk about, but I want to hear him out.

From what the recruiter told me is that the 19th group knows my name and I'm not a good fit. I would assumed that meant for support roles as well. Prior service have been eligible for that contract for some time now, which is why I don't get why they were giving me such a hard time just to give me a contract that is nothing but an assessment. If I didn't fit the bill, then I wouldn't get the part.

Correct, as far as I know, Prior Service can't receive a Rep-63 Contract (NG 18X equivalent). Getting info from their recruiting website- Rep-63.

They do have a "try one" contract for prior service that is pretty cool. The info for that is also on the website.

The last I checked, the try one is only available for non prior service. 18x/rep63 is available for PS. They have done some back and forth with it, but it is currently available. The only reason I separated was because I verified the Army business rules/instructions prior to separating. I also verified with the source that I believe may have been my unitnetntional poison in this situation that everything sounded correct. He agreed.

A little backstory on the person that was speaking with, but he said either he or people he worked with would be the ones responsible for my waivers. He told me that once I got to the point where waivers were to be routed, to give him a call so he can help expedite the process.

Another funny thing is that I emailed another person that I had been speaking with before in the group asking them to change their mind on giving me an opportunity just to evaluate for the 18x contract. He emailed me confused, stating that there's no evaluation for an 18 x. So I don't know exactly who my recruiter talked to a group, but it wasn't anybody that knew me directly.

After writing that last paragraph, I'm beginning to wonder if anybody a group even had an idea that my recruiter was trying to get me the 18x contract still. Maybe he's the one not being truthful? It just wouldn't make sense for him to tell me that the 19th group will no longer take me, but that he is willing to pass my paperwork to another National Guard recruiter to get me in the conventional side, if he weren't telling the truth.

According to my recruiter, it was a mix of my bringing attention on them and the waiver that had them pull the plug.

Something is not passing the sniff test. Whatever -

Since today is not Festivus, you are probably not doing yourself any good continuing to air your recruiter and Group related grievances.

I’m going to lock this now and wish you the best. Fellow staff members, no angst from me if you choose to reopen and let this continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back