Czech Republic to send special forces unit to Afghanistan

B

Boondocksaint375

The lower house of Czech parliament Wednesday agreed to deploy a special-forces unit to Afghanistan for the rest of 2008.
The deployment was already cleared in the Senate, upper houser of parliament, and it does not require a presidential approval.
A contingent of up to 100 special-forces troops is to serve under US-led operation Enduring Freedom. The unit has already served in the mission in 2004 and 2006.
Currently some 330 Czech soldiers serve in three NATO-led missions in Afghanistan. A Czech civilian and military team has headed reconstruction efforts in southeastern Loghar province since March.
The parliament allowed sending up to 415 troops to NATO operations in 2008 but the special-forces deployment required a separate authorization.

http://www.indiaenews.com/europe/20080430/115018.htm

The lower house of Czech parliament Wednesday agreed to deploy a special-forces unit to Afghanistan for the rest of 2008.
The deployment was already cleared in the Senate, upper houser of parliament, and it does not require a presidential approval.
A contingent of up to 100 special-forces troops is to serve under US-led operation Enduring Freedom. The unit has already served in the mission in 2004 and 2006.
Currently some 330 Czech soldiers serve in three NATO-led missions in Afghanistan. A Czech civilian and military team has headed reconstruction efforts in southeastern Loghar province since March.
The parliament allowed sending up to 415 troops to NATO operations in 2008 but the special-forces deployment required a separate authorization.

http://www.indiaenews.com/europe/20080430/115018.htm

Ain't much in numbers, but it helps. And they can't help but become better for the experience.

Always liked the Czechs. Nice people and they did invent beer.

Always liked the Czechs. Nice people and they did invent beer.

Is that a fact? I always thought it was an Egyptian invention/ creation.

Is that a fact? I always thought it was an Egyptian invention/ creation.

Ditto.

edit: I did find this in the Wiki page: According to Czech legend, deity Radegast, god of mutuality, invented beer.

but I still think the invention of beer pre-dates the Czechs.

Back