DARPA's Iron Curtain

That is pretty sweet! Once in awhile we get a bad ass advancement in technology, and this gem would be extremely beneficial!

That is badass, but maybe they should move the exclusion area out a few more meters (?).

Still, absolutely amazing, and I can see being a TOW Gunner or part of an armored support CAT/Scout unit being a very different thing. I'd be interested to hear how many low flying birds were mis-identified during the development phase.

I can't imagine why versions of this couldn't be mounted on just about anything, right? Tankers, LAV's, Bradleys, VIP vehicles...

The thing that I love most about this system, is that I don't see a way for the enemy to adapt to it while still utilizing the same weapon system. We've dumped millions into things such as mine rollers etc, however the enemy goes out and bypasses it with a few extra meters of wire.

The thing that I love most about this system, is that I don't see a way for the enemy to adapt to it while still utilizing the same weapon system. We've dumped millions into things such as mine rollers etc, however the enemy goes out and bypasses it with a few extra meters of wire.
Shoot down from a roof or hill.
Reed

How many times can it do it in succession?
Can it be adapted to fire up as well as down to limit vulnerability to perfectly vertical shots?
If so, can it distinguish between ingoing and outgoing rounds? (mounted Mk-19's)
How vulnerable is the radar box?
How well can it be armored without sacrificing detection capabilities?

Also, I can imagine some ingenious hajji/skinny finding a way to place shrapnel or ball bearings on/in their warheads. We are talking about the folks that adapted rusting RPG-7's into anti aircraft weapons after all.

nonetheless, still a a pure stroke of genius with enormous potential to save lives.

what they have in development is amazing. I recall when a magazine did a article on the next ghost recon game, they had actually contacted DARPA for some technical help and also to know what what they were gonna show in the game was close to what was being designed for future warfare. DARPA gave em some ideas but basically told em "anything you guys show in the game is about ten years behind what we already have in development"

Back