Detroit drops Glock claims NPR

I consider myself a fairly intelligent individual and that fella had me lost like a bastard on Father's Day with his Chaldeans mumbo-jumbo! :rolleyes:

If I was an LEO I would want to carry Glock... The MnP is GTG IMO, but too new to the market to make a change of this nature.

I would give the MnP a few years to get the "bad's" worked out... :cool:

ETA: why is this thread not in the Marksmanship & Weapons topic?

Back on thread..... I don't see why to leave from Glock. We have had them for approx 20yrs at my place. No issues with ND's at all. Some problems that yearly inspections caught before they became issues later.

That being said, I have owned an M&P40 for a short period of time. I didn't like it. Nothing with S&W, it just didn’t work for me.

Police dept's sometimes like to follow the band wagon and believe what they hear. That and easy money from Uncle Sam helps too. Figure that a department has to come up with the cost of a new pistol, magazines (at least 3), new holster and mag pouches (unless they fit double stack mags), plus all of the time and ammo it would take to have some type of transition classes for the coppers before they should carry them on the street.

You could trade in the old pistols and leather gear, but that doesn’t count for all the necessary $$$ it would take. However, if its free $$$$ then its all good.>:{>:{

My new signiture line...I like it! :cool:
DUDE, like Pakistan is a perfect loop hole....Objects and people are fused....Like satanists and blood and knives, man.

But, seriously, I don't fully understand the problem with Glocks, except I've heard reports of problems with the .40's blowing cases out the bottom. I don't know how true that is other than internet rumors. They just don't fit/point in my hand well.

But for polymer, I love the XDm, and would sure like to try the Sig (polymer) 250.

My new sig line...I like it! :cool:

But, seriously, I don't fully understand the problem with Glocks, except I've heard reports of problems with the .40's blowing cases out the bottom. I don't know how true that is other than internet rumors. They just don't fit/point in my hand well.

But for polymer, I love the XDm, and would sure like to try the Sig (polymer) 250.

Probably the problem is, most people like to expound or share their opinion on any subject. Actually knowing anything about it does seem to apply. If memory is right, you work in a gun store, I am sure you hear a lot. I also think some people may think if they bad mouth a product it makes them look smart. It is not just firearms, it is lots of other stuff too.

I am thinking about picking up a .45 Glock. I really like my 10mm.

H, you wouldn't believe the crap I hear, daily.

Everyone is "running scared" right now...and the "revolution" talk is almost too much for me to bear. But so is current politics.
It's all almost too much these days! And the Boss is "playing it up" cuz the fear sells weapons.
:p

I do also hear plenty of the REAL war stories from my Deputy friends about the border/illegal/related local stuff...and it's MUCH MORE than is being reported. Kidnappings in Phoenix are up to an average of 3 per day...yet are not reported.
MUCH of the fear is based on reality.
:mad:

Also, many of the LEO's that I talk to each day are getting away from the Glocks, and going to either the XD lines, or the M&P.
I still think that Sig may be popular once folks find out about a "polymer" Sig Saur!
I also think the 10mm has been ignored, considering how effective a round it is! Also, the .357 Sig!

The one thing that throws it all off is that Beretta just got an extended contract for the 9mm (M9), so the (big)military will be locked into 9mm for the forseeable future.

The GOOD part about it all is that GOOD people are getting training(with whatever weapon)...and THAT is a GOOD thing!
I STILL like my .38 wheelgun, but I'm looking forward to getting well trained with the new 1911 .45 (Springfield Champion)!

People have their bias. 1911 vs. everything, revolver vs. automatic, 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 vs. miniguns or whatever. You see it in every other industry as well, gun owners tend to be a bit more vocal about it.

How many people that don't like a Glock actually try one? On this board I'm sure the number is approaching 100%, but elsewhere?

People believe what they want to, sadly most of them are believing with minimal fact or experience.

Annnnnnddd back to the thread.

Glocks just don't have the ergonomics to be comfortable to me.
There's no narrowing of the grip at the trigger level, and so very "blocky".
No "natural point" for me.

People have their bias. 1911 vs. everything, revolver vs. automatic, 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 vs. miniguns or whatever. You see it in every other industry as well, gun owners tend to be a bit more vocal about it.

How many people that don't like a Glock actually try one? On this board I'm sure the number is approaching 100%, but elsewhere?

People believe what they want to, sadly most of them are believing with minimal fact or experience.

Annnnnnddd back to the thread.

I'm with FF. I used not to like Glocks. But now I do and I own several. I have a HK USP-C which I don't like at all - it feels clunky, I hate the trigger, and it just doesn't fit my hand. But that's just my opinion- however when I give my opinion I will say it's a good gun- I just don't like it.

A former teammate of mine has approx 50,000 rds thru his Glock 22. Never had an issue. There are tons of PD's that carry G22s and have never had a problem. I'm sure the issue with the "unsupported chamber" has happened a handful of times but not like the internet portrays it. I can tell you several examples of 1911's, S&Ws, H&Ks, Sigs malfunctioning. It happens to every piece of machinery. Sometimes they fail. People just like to jump on Glocks more than other...

I have to agree Koz. If there were that many Glock blowing up/NDing...there would be a bunch of Police departments jumping ship away from the Glock.

I agree also about the HK. HUGE gun.

I have to agree Koz. If there were that many Glock blowing up/NDing...there would be a bunch of Police departments jumping ship away from the Glock.

A bunch have and are actually. I bet Glock still has the major % of the LE market, but I can say that's slipping fast. The issue (besides all the others, costs, etc, etc) seems to be not that some guns may go down (as any gun can no matter the brand due to being machines, etc, etc) but what the company does in response. Glocks response is to deny any problems and or blame it all on the users, and SnWs response is to fix it ASAP. That's the word I have gotten far and wide. An interesting thread on Glocks service, or lack there of, to LE, can be found on the LF forums for example:

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1931084651/m/481101302

That's the word I'm hearing from my buddies Will.
Lack of support/Customer service from Glock.

Back