Dlask Arms Corp. DAR-701 Rifles

Thats a matter of opinion. Consumers want convenience. Everyone else be damned!

No there's a difference, ones a responsible citizen of this country that respects the laws and it's fellow citizens. You obviously are the opposite of that.

You do realize that there are members on this board that are LEO and that it is frequented by Federal organizations from both Canada and the US that would make you as a target of interest?

Your an idiot.

You do realize that there are members on this board that are LEO and that it is frequented by Federal organizations from both Canada and the US that would make you as a target of interest?

By all means-I have done nothing illegal. I don't see what relevance this has to our discussion.

You still haven't answered my question lol :D

By all means-I have done nothing illegal. I don't see what relevance this has to our discussion.

You still haven't answered my question lol :D

I gave you the resources to find the answer for yourself you lazy bastard. Learn to look for an answer yourself.

And any M-4 or similar rifle in Canada that is to be owned by any one other than Military or LEO must be Semi-Automatic, so if after 5 rounds you have to reload; so be it. Most people only use it for target and tactical competitions.

Q. What are the different classes of firearms?

There are three classes of firearms: non-restricted, restricted and prohibited.

Non-restricted firearms are ordinary rifles and shotguns, other than those referred to below.

Restricted firearms include:

* handguns that are not prohibited;
* semi-automatic, centre-fire rifles and shotguns with a barrel shorter than 470 mm (about 18.5 inches);
* rifles and shotguns that can be fired when their overall length has been reduced by folding, telescoping or other means to less than 660 mm (about 26 inches); and
* firearms restricted by Criminal Code Regulations.

Prohibited firearms include:

* handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm (about 4.14 inches) or less and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific ones used in International Shooting Union competitions;
* rifles and shotguns that have been altered by sawing or other means so that their barrel length is less than 457 mm (about 18 inches) or their overall length is less than 660 mm (about 26 inches);
* full automatics;
* converted automatics, namely full automatics that have been altered so that they fire only one projectile when the trigger is squeezed; and
* firearms prohibited by Criminal Code Regulations
http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/faq/default_e.asp#a3

As I suggested take some courses and learn some more before you open your pie hole again. Here's a resource you can use to find places in your area to take them.
http://www.firearmscanada.com/

And any M-4 or similar rifle in Canada that is to be owned by any one other than Military or LEO must be Semi-Automatic, so if after 5 rounds you have to reload; so be it.

Ridiculous laws. Might as well save the money.

Ridiculous laws. Might as well save the money.

I completely agree but they are only that way because of people that didn't obey the laws and buy illegal weapons to commit crimes. Then the mass population goes hysteric and the Government has to do something to make them happy and the only ones they can penalize are the legal gun owners.

As some one that uses an automatic weapon for a living, is a private gun owner, hunter and target shooter; what would you really need an automatic assault rifle for? Where would you be able to use it to it's full potential in your area? If you want to use firearms like that go to school to become a police officer or go to the nearest recruiting centre and join the military.

As some one that uses an automatic weapon for a living, is a private gun owner, hunter and target shooter; what would you really need an automatic assault rifle for? Where would you be able to use it to it's full potential in your area?

Everybody has their own tastes. You paid alot of money for that weapon, so you might as well use for what its name says - to its fullest potential. I definitely think theres alot of excitement to be had if you take it out on the range.

This was my point all along. You might as well get your money's worth.

Everybody has their own tastes. You paid alot of money for that weapon, so you might as well use for what its name says - to its fullest potential. I definitely think theres alot of excitement to be had if you take it out on the range.

This was my point all along. You might as well get your money's worth.

You can get your money's worth. This weapon was designed and built as a semi-automatic rifle knowing full well that the laws here in Canada restrict you to five rounds in a magazine. Firing a rifle is not always about firing off as many rounds as you can, doing that can have the possibility of doing damage to the rifle as well. A rifle like that is built for precision work; a single or multiple shots, precisely placed while moving. If you fire that weapon on automatic it reduces your precision.

I haven't bought the rifle yet, it is a lot of money and I'm not sure if that one is the right one for me. It takes a lot of research in finding the right one.

Back