.DMT to SEAL?

littlefish1112

Unverified
So I've been trying to get into the SEAL pipeline for a while now but ECM more than likely will not let any HMs out of the community. I know a few DMTs who say they know a few guys that had the same thing going on, went and became a DMT, got stationed with NSW did their time as a DMT, then asked and got a chance to go to BUD/s. Im debating to drop a DMT pack not only because it could possibly be a stepping stone but they also do some pretty badass stuff and I hear they usually get a chance to go to some pretty cool schools to further their training. If anyone could give me any info please let me know I'm all ears.

@littlefish1112

As a new member you are expected to post an intro thread prior to creating or participating in any other threads.
Since you must not have done so yet, I would encourage you to read these two threads:

https://shadowspear.com/vb/pages/info/
A Protocol Primer for ShadowSpear

Your next post needs to be an intro thread; this is not a request. This thread may be unlocked after your intro thread has been created.

-Un-Locked -

Last edited:
So I've been trying to get into the SEAL pipeline for a while now but ECM more than likely will not let any HMs out of the community. I know a few DMTs who say they know a few guys that had the same thing going on, went and became a DMT, got stationed with NSW did their time as a DMT, then asked and got a chance to go to BUD/s. Im debating to drop a DMT pack not only because it could possibly be a stepping stone but they also do some pretty badass stuff and I hear they usually get a chance to go to some pretty cool schools to further their training. If anyone could give me any info please let me know I'm all ears.
Not a SEAL or DMT. So I am treading very lightly here. In my Prep class we had all sorts of fleet guys in our class. MA, Seabee, AO, and others. It's hard to get a BUD/s contract with any rate in the fleet. Only about 1% of guys who try to get a BUD/s contract from the fleet will get it. This is according to the LS1 who was over at Prep School. When I got hurt I was trying to figure out a way to get back ASAP. He basically told me that I need to either get out of the Navy, or go to Blue to Green. That's how selective these days they are for fleet candidates. Keep in mind though that I was a med drop who had 20+ weeks of recovery time so that might have had a factor as well. I believe that too because I knew a couple of guys who got out of the Navy to do try to get a new SEAL contract. He told me to get out of the Navy if I wanted to have the best shot of getting another contract. You could consider that rather than trying to do a different rate. But in any regards dude, keep the course.

DMT may give you a shot at BUD/S but keep in mind that the needs of the Navy will dictate your obligation after DMT school. Keep that in mind and stand ready to go the distance. It can be done. Being in the right place right time is a factor. Regardless it will be a hoot.

SO ECM can pull you if your package is competitive enough. The HM ECM has no power over an SO billet! Don’t worry about the HM ECM. The SO ECM will pull you if he wants you. Focus on evals, PST scores, letters of rec, and your year group. Good luck!

Last edited:
I’m sure this thread is irrelevant to you now but I thought I would add my .02 for other readers. I went through the pipeline with a DMT who was a BUD/S drop and came back as a SEAL student. It is possible. But I agree with the others who claim that it isn’t likely.

Back