Does anyone take solo vacations?

I mean you’re a “Benning school for wayward youth” alumni- some of the best stories come from being lost in the woods.
I'm not gonna lie, I totally liked it better when it was the Benning school for wayward "boys" but I see what this new wang dangle for what it is!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stay Steely bubba!

Most of my trips have been solo but the best one was a trip with a mate where we listed all the things we wanted to do in a particular place on a spreadsheet. Then you rated it if you really wanted to go (green) or could leave it (orange) then other person would put red, orange or green on (red for wasn't interested) and we would make plans for the green things and on red days do our own thing.

I got lost in the Panama jungle for about 5 days. That was fun. Good old Fort Sherman. All those great edible snakes and plants they said were “abundant”…apparently were not so abundant in the section of jungle I chose to get lost in.

But that is a story for another time and thread.😉🍺

Last edited:
Was thinking about this thread after hiking the past few days.

I've never done a true solo vacation. While I understand and love the idea of private reflective time, aside from some of the practical and safety aspects (I'm thinking more of a back country type trip), I'm not 100% sure it's for me. It's simply because I really enjoy shared experiences. That said, tip of a hat to those that do. I won't rule out a solo trip...this has me thinking.

As a complete aside, as an observation from my travels the past few weeks, I'm convinced there's probably no place on the planet with more dipshits out walking around than California and Washington. The competition isn't even close. This is not a statement for debate, rather just a fact meant to inform. :-)

Last edited:
Was thinking about this thread after hiking the past few days.

I've never done a true solo vacation. While I understand and love the idea of private reflective time, aside from some of the practical and safety aspects (I'm thinking more of a back country type trip), I'm not 100% sure it's for me. It's simply because I really enjoy shared experiences. That said, tip of a hat to those that do. I won't rule out a solo trip...this has me thinking.

As a complete aside, as an observation from my travels the past few weeks, I'm convinced there's probably no place on the planet with more dipshits out walking around than California and Washington. The competition isn't even close. This is not a statement for debate, rather just a fact meant to inform. :-)
Going to Belize in the not too distant future. You are welcome to get your feet wet. At least you won't be totally alone, if you change your mind. Otherwise I will be very busy with other pursuits. You are welcome to crash at our future primary home. If you want to roll the dice.
Be warned though, I have been known to be an asshole. However, I really am not. once I have sat down with someone. That takes time to know me. Then I am actually a pretty nice guy.

Just a thought, do as you will👍

I backpacked around the world solo for about 3 years full time, then have done several solo trips as well. I loved the freedom of it and still do. I'm at the point though where it would be nice to experience with someone else the amazing things I saw and experienced alone, instead of trying to tell the story to a disbelieving and uninterested crowd after the fact.
The best aspect I found was that as an individual you were forced to interact with the locals instead of turn to your comfort partner for advice.
I'm telling you right now that I would have been killed long ago if it weren't for individuals who stepped up to save me at the times when I needed it the most, and it was multiple times.

I backpacked around the world solo for about 3 years full time, then have done several solo trips as well. I loved the freedom of it and still do. I'm at the point though where it would be nice to experience with someone else the amazing things I saw and experienced alone, instead of trying to tell the story to a disbelieving and uninterested crowd after the fact.
The best aspect I found was that as an individual you were forced to interact with the locals instead of turn to your comfort partner for advice.
I'm telling you right now that I would have been killed long ago if it weren't for individuals who stepped up to save me at the times when I needed it the most, and it was multiple times.
You Sir sound like an awesome dude👍
Would love to hear some of your experiences someday Sir.

It must have sucked being around hot Ukie chicks all the time. I hear Norway sucks like that.

Seriously, check out Croatia: hotties & cheap if you stay away from tourist traps (Dubrovnik, Split, Rijeka).

Oh man, I don't know what they put in the water over there but every woman in Eastern Europe is a super model! Same thing in the Baltics. Ask an Estonian woman how to say '12 months' in Estonian.

Back