DSS Special Agent Vacancy Announcement CLOSING 17 OCT

DSS_Vet

Verified Military
The home of the dumbest smart people in America.
All,

U.S. Dept. of State has posted a vacancy announcement for Special Agent positions. Last time an announcement came out was about 2 years ago. Wanted to make sure I sent the info in case any of you are looking for a new career.

https://careers.state.gov/work/fore...eer-tracks/diplomatic-security-special-agent/

Our mission is pretty broad. Wiki does a decent job explaining: Diplomatic_Security_Service

Basic requirements:
  • Be a U.S. citizen and available for worldwide service.*
  • At least 20 years old and not older than 37 years.**
  • Fit for physical exertion and pass a preemployment physical readiness test.
  • Able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance and TS/SCI access.
  • Able to obtain an appropriate Foreign Service Medical Clearance.
  • Able to obtain a favorable Suitability Review Panel determination.***
Basic doesn't necessarily mean competitive. Most of the guys have grad degrees, have lived overseas for a significant amount of time, or speak 2 or more languages. SOF is well-represented in the Department. At any rate, if you qualify and are interested throw your hat in. It been a great job so far. Pay is significantly higher than what they post when you add LEAP, overtime, and a ton of TDY money. You can buy back military time towards your retirement. Age waivers for Vets over 37. Vet pref points (obviously).

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I will try to pop in here the next couple days to answer them before it closes. Good luck!

EDIT - Apologies. This should be in the Training/Employment thread 1 below.

Last edited:
Back