EA-18G Growler Crew Saved By Portland-Based PJs After Canopy Explosion

We dove patients for many reasons, some proven reasons such as gas gangrene, and decompression sickness. Other research dives included cardiovascular disease, more rapid healing of Oral Surgery procedures, C-cut Osteotomies, to evaluate removing wires earlier after surgery. There were a host of studies that we were looking at, and some looked promising, while others were pure bunk.

We have, I think, seven (eight?) interlocking chambers, anything as small as one patient and two attendants to eight patients and three attendants. Most dives are wound related, decomp sickness, CO poisoning (in light of the evidence it doesn't really work), an occasional AGE; for research, we have done flying after diving and altitude research. We also get a lot of military guys from Bragg/Pope, Lejeune, Norfolk, both for treatment purposes and to chamber ride for pre-dive school.

I enjoy it. It's mostly boring, but with the critical care patients it's very autonomous....my typical "order set" is: "Don't let the patient die."

...There was a book written by Ron Javers, a San Francisco Reporter who went along on the Congressman's trip titled "The Suicide Cult". If you take a look at the dedication page, the book was dedicated to the Ortho surgeon and myself. We treated his shoulder GSW. They were all petrified about being hunted down by cult members here in the States. Even being on a pretty secure AFB, they were still petrified.

Multi-decade, multi-disciplined and immortalized by the Library of Congress. :thumbsup: Well done, Doc, well done.

So, this statement is true.... but I am gonna guess the multi-decade multi-discipline doctor @Red Flag 1 has some experience here.
Wow, nobodies experience or expertise was being questioned by my input to the conversation. However, I certainly have a bit of experience myself pertinent to dive medicine and high altitude medicine. The 66th RQS PJ team had a MOA with the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Medicine Center during the period 1995-1996. At this time they has just gotten their hyperbaric chamber for doing medical treatments and had significant lack of nurses and medical technicians to put into the chamber with patients to monitor and provide medical assistance as needed. Due to my military medical background I became one of the med techs in the chamber. Most of the patents I dealt with were diabetics with significant infection or other diabetic causal complications.

University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Hyperbaric Medicine Center

However, my 23 years of military duties put me in position of being OJTed by some of the top physicians in their areas of specialization during the years I served in the Air Force. While I do not have the sheep skin to show for it I have bit more training and experience gained in dive medicine and high altitude medicine than the typical civilian paramedic or military enlisted medic* that I can disclose if anybody cares about it.

*Except for maybe now ----> U.S. Army Uses Wilderness Medicine to Train and Treat Elite Soldiers

....nobodies experience or expertise was being questioned by my input to the conversation.

I did not read it that way, at all. I do think given his experience and background he gets the nod as the silverback gorilla of this group with regard to medicine.

You certainly have a unique perspective in this area and I appreciate it.

Wow, nobodies experience or expertise was being questioned by my input to the conversation. However, I certainly have a bit of experience myself pertinent to dive medicine and high altitude medicine. The 66th RQS PJ team had a MOA with the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Medicine Center during the period 1995-1996. At this time they has just gotten their hyperbaric chamber for doing medical treatments and had significant lack of nurses and medical technicians to put into the chamber with patients to monitor and provide medical assistance as needed. Due to my military medical background I became one of the med techs in the chamber. Most of the patents I dealt with were diabetics with significant infection or other diabetic causal complications.

University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Hyperbaric Medicine Center

However, my 23 years of military duties put me in position of being OJTed by some of the top physicians in their areas of specialization during the years I served in the Air Force. While I do not have the sheep skin to show for it I have bit more training and experience gained in dive medicine and high altitude medicine than the typical civilian paramedic or military enlisted medic* that I can disclose if anybody cares about it.

*Except for maybe now ----> U.S. Army Uses Wilderness Medicine to Train and Treat Elite Soldiers
PM sent.

Back