Emotional Thinking, Enemy of Truth Seeking

OK, timely story:

I have a colleague who is getting shoulder surgery. He emailed me and about a dozen other coworkers to give us a heads-up on when he will be out. In my cc all reply, I simply said, "if you die in surgery I want your guitars." It's a riff on what we say in the field, right? "If you die we split your gear." Crap on a cracker, the responses I got have been hilarious. You would have thought I had raped someone's 90 year-old invalid grandmother. Thin skin. One person said I need to go (back to) sensitivity training.

OK, timely story:

I have a colleague who is getting shoulder surgery. He emailed me and about a dozen other coworkers to give us a heads-up on when he will be out. In my cc all reply, I simply said, "if you die in surgery I want your guitars." It's a riff on what we say in the field, right? "If you die we split your gear." Crap on a cracker, the responses I got have been hilarious. You would have thought I had raped someone's 90 year-old invalid grandmother. Thin skin. One person said I need to go (back to) sensitivity training.

You should've told him that he needs to crawl back inside his mom's vagina because he isn't ready for the real world yet.

You should've told him that he needs to crawl back inside his mom's vagina because he isn't ready for the real world yet.

No shit. The guy having the shoulder surgery thought my email was funny. One of the others in the cc distribution list actually reported me to the director of my department (who also thought it was funny). I would not have even known he'd have seen it if I had not seen him this morning in passing when he said, "hey, awesome email."

No shit. The guy having the shoulder surgery thought my email was funny. One of the others in the cc distribution list actually reported me to the director of my department (who also thought it was funny). I would not have even known he'd have seen it if I had not seen him this morning in passing when he said, "hey, awesome email."
Reply all and ask if you could comfort his wife after his death.

The end of the draft IMO brought a lot of this on. At least if you did 2 years in the peacetime Army you learned some discipline, how to make your own bed, take care of your gear, wipe your own nose and not be such a whining schoolgirl bitch.

The end of the draft IMO brought a lot of this on. At least if you did 2 years in the peacetime Army you learned some discipline, how to make your own bed, take care of your gear, wipe your own nose and not be such a whining schoolgirl bitch.

Couldn't agree more, I am a firm believer in compulsory service. Either it be in the military or some other sorta service. I also believe that citizenship should require a minimum 2 years of service, again not just military service. But if you don't put in your dues, you don't get a say, you don't get a vote or a chance to be elected, you don't run shit. You don't get special benefits, entitlement's, social services, etc. You want to use the resources and benefit's from this nation, serve it, or pay out of pocket...

Back