Energy Security

Colonialism is back.

French Foreign Legion arrives in Yemen to secure gas facility

As the world starts to reel from energy shortages, due to sanctions and when Russian energy export systems start falling apart, I'd expect to see more involvement in small scale conflicts in Africa/Asia. As Europe is gonna need the resources from it's former colonies to maintain their neoliberal hugs and free shit for all lifestyle. (said lifestyle ain't gonna last either)

Meme for the TLDR crowd.

1661108470638.png

Last edited:
Energy is more than electric cars, heat, and the artificial light of the modern world.

1662109391912.png

Last edited:
So yesterday, a lovely holiday for all of us in the US, OPEC strategically announces that they will cut their quotas by 100,000 Barrels Per day. This will cause a rise in Oil Price.

Oil producer group OPEC+ surprises energy markets with a small production cut

We've started to see a normalization in gas prices at the pump, but due to what fuel costs were I don't see a drop in your grocery bills or hard goods bills any time soon.

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/supply/weekly/pdf/highlights.pdf

And this administration's current policies are green and provide zero incentive to do more exploration let alone uncap wells to meet demand.

Last edited:
On mobile it doesn't give me a play button. Figured it out though!
Ha! I hate it when the formats are different. I still don’t know why the video didn’t populate properly in the first place 🤷‍♂️

Edit: fixed!

Last edited:
Yes that's why you can watch it.
Actually, depending on the channel, Youtube does this where it doesn't allow you to embed a video and it comes up as unavailable. Similar to twitter throttling and whatever instagram does. Guessing you knew this though and were being snarky?

Absolutely right, I was. But the point is, if they're wanting to censor something they'll just remove it not go to lengths like that. They don't piss about if they don't like something. It's probably most likely an error in permissions.

Last edited:
Our rush to "go green" will be one of the major events to mark the downfall of the West and the shifting center of gravity to China. China basically owns Africa* at this point which means China will own (control) the rare earth metals required to fuel this green transformation. It isn't green, it is Red because democratic countries (the West) will become beholden to China.

* I don't think I can use that phrase without being labeled a racist, but what else do you call it when a country employs child slave labor to pay off debts to the Chinese gov't?

I don't think this goes here, but we don't have a Food Supply Thread. Farmers set for major protest in Bandon | Cork Independent

The European Commission basically told a bunch of countries to kill off cows to help climate targets. This isn't the first protest in Ireland about this, there were also ones in The Netherlands previously about this. The fact that sovereign nations just go along with whatever the EU wants is why Brexit happened. Just remember, as much as we have destroyed farm culture in this country, middle America still feeds the world. I have a great way to reduce carbon emissions...which makes this post about energy security: More Nuclear power!

I don't think this goes here, but we don't have a Food Supply Thread. Farmers set for major protest in Bandon | Cork Independent

The European Commission basically told a bunch of countries to kill off cows to help climate targets. This isn't the first protest in Ireland about this, there were also ones in The Netherlands previously about this. The fact that sovereign nations just go along with whatever the EU wants is why Brexit happened. Just remember, as much as we have destroyed farm culture in this country, middle America still feeds the world. I have a great way to reduce carbon emissions...which makes this post about energy security: More Nuclear power!

We’re losing 2-million acres of farmland a year in this country from development.

Speaking of eliminating cows, there are companies now growing “meat” in labs from stem cells.

Last edited:
Back