Enlisted or Officer? and Training Partner (DMV Area)

jpbears

Unverified
Hello,

I was wondering if some people could put in their two cents on joining the Special Forces as an enlisted soldier vs. and officer. I am deciding between the two and need to figure out which path I want to take.

Also, looking for a training partner in the DMV area, specifically around Rockville (but anywhere can work). I would love to go on rucks and runs with anyone that is willing to start putting in some mileage.

Thanks,
Stay Safe

Hello,

I was wondering if some people could put in their two cents on joining the Special Forces as an enlisted soldier vs. and officer. I am deciding between the two and need to figure out which path I want to take.

Also, looking for a training partner in the DMV area, specifically around Rockville (but anywhere can work). I would love to go on rucks and runs with anyone that is willing to start putting in some mileage.

Thanks,
Stay Safe

What do you want out of them? What are your goals? An O will spend 2-ish years on an ODA before moving on to staff and other leadership positions. An NCO can spend their entire career on various teams.

joining the Special Forces as an enlisted soldier vs. an officer

You mentioned in your intro that you're in your senior year of college.

OPTION 1~~~~> If you graduate and want to Enlist 18X - AND Assuming that you graduate within the year, let's say December 2020 - You'll hit MEPS Feb 2021ish (approx) and move into the pipeline as an 18X - Basic/AIT/Abn (6mos) follow-on FBNC pre-SFAS training.....approx 2yrs of pipeline training before you move on to Group 2023ish Enlisted.
~~~~Having a degree is a plus towards Enlisted Rank but AT NO TIME mention that you want to go into the Officer Corps while you are attending Enlisted SFQC training.~~~~

OPTION 2 ~~~~> Graduate College and join the Army with the OCS Option. This option takes much longer to get to SF as you will be a Second Lieutenant for 18mos, a 1st Lieutenant for 18mos and have to be a 1st Lt(P) to even attend SFAS. 36mos on active duty before you can attend SFAS and THEN you enter the officer pipeline.

There are other SFNG options......I'm sure a few others here have some comments but there are no easy short cuts to the "LongTab".

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks,
Stay Safe
I’m in dc. Have you decided what you’re gonna do?

Back