EOTech help???

I hate the EOTech. I'm a 68 Kinda guy, that stupid thing used to shut off in firefights left and right. That's the LAST thing I need when balls deep in someones house and we're being engaged. Same thing on stress shoots too, I've had a horrible time with the thing killing itself. My team had NO SHIT, 2/75s fastest run time during CS a couple years ago, but we all had EOTechs and they all kept shutting off so we ended up missing pie targets. YES, we did PCC's PCI's and shit, the sight just sucks ass.

Funny I have broken two M68's in Baghdad......I'll never trust my life to one again.

What EOTech model were you useing? I think the most durable optic I have used has been the ACOG TA31F....You can run it for CQB but it's a little harder, not bad though.

Love the EOTech. They don't work for everyone though. A certain percentage of people have a problem acquiring the "heads up display" feature of the sight. I could never shoot with both eyes open until I started using the EOTech. Of course ACOG is the bees knees too. I like them both. Then there's the whole "EOTech clone debate. I would just opt for the real thing. The reasons are significant.

wow... not bad... but EOTech is made to point the target with both eyes... (istinctive shooting)

That's not instinctive shooting, that's called aiming with both eyes open or reflexive shooting- hence 'reflex sight.' Instinctive shooting or 'point shooting' is the stuff the Jedburghs used to train in, think James Bond style one handed shooting stance from concealment- not a good practice for anyone with any modern training.

Speaking on the EOTechs, I've always thought automatic shutoff was a terrible idea for a piece of combat equipment, whether it's a sight, a camera or whatever. I'm an Aimpoint or Trijicon user myself. An M68 with a lithium battery will last YEARS in the on position- swap it out on your birthday and you can't go wrong. The newer model M68s are super tough, the COMP 4s I think they are. The only problem I've seen with the older ones is the mount, which can be fixed with a LT upgrade. The Aimpoint Micros are the hot fire for a reflex sight, if i was in the market for one that's what I'd buy.

I'm currently using a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x which I shoot with both eyes open on 1x. It gets me out to 500-550m which is all I really can expect from a 10.5" M4. It's a tritium/fiber optic deal like the ACOGs, and super tough like everything made by Trijicon. I used to be in the "you don't need magnification on an M4 crowd," which is definitely true on the range with full exposure E types, IPSCs, and white painted plates, but a brown head on a mud brick background is hard to pick out- even at 100m.

We had a bad batch of Eotechs during the surge for OIF V. The solution was to open up the battery case and re-set the batteries and the Eotech would work again. These were the 552's with the 123 batteries.

We had a bad batch of Eotechs during the surge for OIF V. The solution was to open up the battery case and re-set the batteries and the Eotech would work again. These were the 552's with the 123 batteries.

Bummer. Good poop distro on the fix for that problem, thanks. You were among the lucky ones who got some of that bad production run eh? That incident knocked ET's rep for awhile as well it should have, but they seem to be back on track. They need to lower the price on the damn things though because it's only a matter of time before a competitor builds something better that does the same thing for less and some might argue already have. But to me a simple red dot reticle doesn't pick up the same or as quickly as the ET reticle nor have quite the same FOV.

Back