"Fat Leonard" Scandal

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Enjoy prison asshole.

SAN DIEGO // A US Navy commander charged with accepting paid travel, prostitutes and Lady Gaga concert tickets from a Malaysian defence contractor in exchange for classified information pleaded guilty on Thursday to federal corruption charges.

Commander Michael Vannak Khem Misiewicz appeared in US District Court in San Diego to answer to charges of conspiracy to commit bribery and bribery of a public official stemming from his involvement in a scandal surrounding a contractor who serviced ships in the Navy’s Pacific Fleet.

US Navy commander accepted paid travel, prostitutes and Lady Gaga tickets for information | The National

I could overlook the paid travel and prostitutes, but not the Lady gaga tickets. That alone should get him convicted.

Seriously, never underestimate the power of greed. It can make people do stupid things. How sad. Hopefully he didn't divulge anything that will hurt us, and I hope he found the disease-ridden pussy worth it.

He should be caned in the city square each and every day of his sentence!

It would be easy to single out the Navy, and don't get me wrong those stories are abominable, but our military as a whole has problems with leadership, integrity, and oversight. Sickening.

The "Fat Leonard" scandal roped up a sizable number of officers, and at least one enlisted man that I know of. It's truly a sad situation. Throw this in on top of all the officers that walk the plank for Mother Navy on a regular basis, and this is just a shit-covered cherry on top of a sundae of buggeration and fuckery.

The sad part is that I remember reading in Stars and Stripes several years ago when the commander named in the OP took command of that boat. It was one of those tug-the-heartstrings numbers about how he was rescued from Pol Pot-era Cambodia and adopted by an American family, only to make some serious rank and then go visit the country of his birth. For all of the opportunity that this guy was handed, and he pisses it away like that? I hope his mom has seriously laid onto his ass for this shit before he heads to Leavenworth.

For all of the opportunity that this guy was handed, and he pisses it away like that?

He may have been poor, but he wasn't raised in it. I suspect he developed a sense of entitlement early on and that mommy and daddy pampered him as much as possible at every turn. Add that to the way the Navy breeds entitlement in its officers, at least based on what I saw in my 4 years on AD, and I'm not surprised. There will be, and are, more Fat Leonard scandals waiting to happen. It starts as ensigns and O's have shit covered up for them the rest of their careers. I personally know of multiple liberty incidents involving theft, assault, and blatant disregard for curfew/ship policy that were quietly swept under the rug and downplayed to the enlisted folks, some of whom witnessed the shenanigans firsthand. Yet every single incident involving an enlisted person that I ever saw or heard about resulted in NJP.

Admiral loses star in 'Fat Leonard' scandal

Only one of three Admirals lost rank, which is sad. The other two were allowed to retire and collect 100% of their benefits.

This whole case had caused major changes in contracting. The change are not finished either. Working in contracting, especially for the command in charge of husbanding, I will be interested to see how this will effect future contacts, especially contingency contracts. While not the same as husbanding, it seems to me that contingency contracting has an increased risk of kick backs or fraud due to the nature of the business.

Admiral loses star in 'Fat Leonard' scandal

Only one of three Admirals lost rank, which is sad. The other two were allowed to retire and collect 100% of their benefits.

This whole case had caused major changes in contracting. The change are not finished either. Working in contracting, especially for the command in charge of husbanding, I will be interested to see how this will effect future contacts, especially contingency contracts. While not the same as husbanding, it seems to me that contingency contracting has an increased risk of kick backs or fraud due to the nature of the business.
The AF still gets hammered because our Acquisitions process was contaminated by the Lady in charge.
You guys will get the same treatment we got (get).
OK Army, your turn, let's see how badly you can screw up (Aviation programs don't count though)

The AF still gets hammered because our Acquisitions process was contaminated by the Lady in charge.
You guys will get the same treatment we got (get).
OK Army, your turn, let's see how badly you can screw up (Aviation programs don't count though)

If you ever get bored, read the GAO report on the VA and FedBid. They massively fucked up.

Back