Fightlite SCR

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Moving back to New York, looking for an AR15 or AR-like weapon that I can legally own in that state.

Have my eye on the Fightlite SCR. Looking for feedback from people with personal experience with the weapon. Also open to other suggestions.

1585417142466.png

That sucks...hope it's worth it.

As screwy as NY is on their gun laws, I'd find a pistol that meets their requirements and maybe a good defensive shotgun and put the rest in a safe out of state.

According to my orders I can't bring pistols, until I have an NY permit. Which I can't get, until I get to NY. Dumb ass circular laws.

Last edited:
Where does the bolt carrier group go after it fires a round? Where is the recoil spring? Doesn't look like there's room in the stock for either. 😕

Nevermind; I did some looking around on their site and found it.

What happens if you move your weapons at your own expense: fly them off the island when you go and then keep them at your house?

I think Dark Storm specializes in fixed mag and NY compliant rifles. Never shot one so I can’t speak to quality etc.

I still really like the SCR. I might hold off for a while on buying another gun. My father has an old Russian paratrooper model SKS with blade bayonet. Looking at the laws, it appears that gun is legal in NY because the mag doesn't detach. That may scratch the itch to have a rifle-caliber semi auto without shelling out $1500 to add another gun to the family.

Back