Flashlight Thread

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Surprised we don't have a dedicated flashlight thread. We do now.

Just picked up a new Fenix at REI. This is pretty nifty for a sub $60 light. Small enough for dress pants pocket and 300 lumen when full strength.
The magnetic chargers is pretty cool too...takes a regular AA if power source not available to recharge.

Fenix RC05 SE Rechargeable Flashlight Black

1515352326853.png

I have a couple of older model SureFires, and a couple smaller flashlights that are easier to carry in a pants pocket. I think flashlights are a somewhat underappreciated part of home defense kits and bug out bags.

Ask Maria, she will tell you. I am a nut for flashlights. And knives, and guns but I digress. Love my O-light M1X striker for my EDC. About the side of the Fenix mentioned, 1000 lumens, sears the retinas great. Comes with strobe and low, you can disable that. Strike bezel to smoke fuckers in the face if necessary. Carry in my back pocket, no worries. I have a few Surefires but, IMHO, they are over priced when Streamlight makes great lights, have a few of those also. My CCW gun, I use a Steamlight TLR1. Work I use the Surefire combat light, that one with the rubber ring in the middle.

M.

Ask Maria, she will tell you. I am a nut for flashlights. And knives, and guns but I digress. Love my O-light M1X striker for my EDC. About the side of the Fenix mentioned, 1000 lumens, sears the retinas great. Comes with strobe and low, you can disable that. Strike bezel to smoke fuckers in the face if necessary. Carry in my back pocket, no worries. I have a few Surefires but, IMHO, they are over priced when Streamlight makes great lights, have a few of those also. My CCW gun, I use a Steamlight TLR1. Work I use the Surefire combat light, that one with the rubber ring in the middle.

M.

I fuckin love that. }:-) LOL

20230828_234539.jpg20230828_234548.jpg

Front of my house at night with the Coast. Rechargeable with a USB, claims 4.5 hour battery life, and the garage down the street is at least 100m. So far ao good.

I might tuen it on to see how long it really lasts and if the power goes down etc.

Edit: One thing though, supposed to have a 250m range with beam focused, I had it all the way out but I don't see it happening. I'll have to wait for a blackout to test that LOL.

Last edited:
Back