Forest Fire Discussion

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Since much of North America is burning and is the result of many of the same or similar policies, I thought I'd start a new thread to keep it out of the Trump discussion.

@amlove21 This article is about BC but given California has very similar terrain and policies, it's relevant. It's also the most detailed scientific analysis of the current situation we're all in.

Unravelling an unprecedented natural disaster – why is B.C. burning every summer? - KamloopsMatters.com

Quit sending your damn forest fire smoke to us here... we were havinga lovely no smoke summer until recently... friggin Canukistanians.

Quit sending your damn forest fire smoke to us here... we were havinga lovely no smoke summer until recently... friggin Canukistanians.

It's reaching halfway across the continent now and into Ontario. But I don't think there's many spots left in BC that's not on fire. Ontario was getting bad earlier this summer.

We just need to be overall better stewards of the land. Ignoring it, restricting access/use and thinking we'll "save the planet"; hasn't worked.

We just need to be overall better stewards of the land. Ignoring it, restricting access/use and thinking we'll "save the planet"; hasn't worked.

I'm not a fan of restricting land use. If anything we should be trying to find ways to get more people into the forest. Coalition groups will form to help take care of it. Look at the Rubicon trail for instance. That seems to always be on the chooping block for closure but having been on it, I can tell you that it is/was in beautiful condition and a lot of folks on there are not the types that would be out there hiking in the woods and enjoying the land.

Attachments

Back