Former Green Beret charged with spying for Russia...

I knew an NCO who was a former Surface Warfare Officer in the Soviet Navy hunting American submarines in the North Atlantic who immigrated to the United States and eventually became a SIGINT 35P and worked as the NCOIC for the Army Division G2 SIGINT shop regionally aligned with Europe. We have a 350F who was a SIGINTer here at the school house that NSA did not approve access to their systems (was a 352N) and forced to switch to 350F. I've got a buddy of mine who is the Russia Analyst for a CCMD J2 who's wife is from Russia. Someone I marched over 100 miles with was from Russia, enlisted into the reserve component as a 35M and is now an intel officer.

It's fairly common. We have a rich history of immigrants working in intelligence, and sometimes it doesn't work out, but usually it does. Some of those most dedicated to America are the ones who escaped some serious hell holes.

I’m not saying that foreigners can’t be trusted, I have worked with people that have come over from Eastern Europe and former soviet countries, growing up in less than ideal conditions, and they are probably some of the best Americans around because they have different experiences and perspectives. I just thought that it would have been a conflict of interest to have a father in law that was actively serving as a Russian military officer.

A buddy of mine from high school tried to get a TS-SCI and was denied because he was a French citizen. Dude had never even stepped foot outside of the US, but because one of his parents was French he was a citizen at birth (despite being born in the US).

A buddy of mine from high school tried to get a TS-SCI and was denied because he was a French citizen. Dude had never even stepped foot outside of the US, but because one of his parents was French he was a citizen at birth (despite being born in the US).

I'm curious if there's more to the story. I know a handful of people in that similar situation who didn't have any issue with it.

@Devildoc It's certainly possible, after all he's the one who told me. Was SEAD-4 the first to state explicitly that being a citizen of another country is not disqualifying on its own? This was some years ago and guidelines may have changed, I don't know

I've said it before on this forum and gotten a lot of hate for it. But it is the truth that French nationals and association with them are a red flag. The French are simply notorious for stealing intel from wherever they can. I'm not bashing anyone with French blood. This is government driven. Anything electronic left in a French hotel WILL be compromised.

I've said it before on this forum and gotten a lot of hate for it. But it is the truth that French nationals and association with them are a red flag. The French are simply notorious for stealing intel from wherever they can. I'm not bashing anyone with French blood. This is government driven. Anything electronic left in a French hotel WILL be compromised.

At one point in time there were thrown out of the CAOC in Al Udeid because of chronic security issues/ violations.

Isn't everyone to some extent?

On that note... Espionage? Moi?

"France’s espionage against American companies, described as "aggressive and massive," dates back to the 1960s and is largely born out of a desire to prop up its defense industry, according to a report from the Government Accountability Office, which delicately referred to France as "Country B." France lacks a domestic defense market large enough to support cutting edge development so it opts to steal American military technology in order to save R&D costs and enjoy advanced weaponry for its own military and competitive for exports abroad."

Another ally that I know is a major FIS threat is Israel. I know for a fact if I go to either of these countries, I'm *definitely* actually scoring that 10.

Back